Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Home in twin cities, cabin in northern MN

Welcome to the forum. I hope you like it here.

Your subject line sound exactly like my childhood. I can certainly relate.

If you haven't already, you should check out the Minnesota Chapter of Backcountry Hunters and Anglers. They are a bunch of good folks, and have alot of knowledge to share for your future adventures.
Do you have any additional info on this. I’m a MN transplant and wouldn’t mind getting involved.

Do you have any additional info on this. I’m a MN transplant and wouldn’t mind getting involved.

If you are on FB, the group page is pretty active, and if you are a member you will get notifications for all of the events. It seems like their is ussually 6-8 pint nights a year, the last few years there has been a "Backcountry Brewfest" in Hudson, WI. and they have a yearly state rendezvous. We had a public lands rally at the state capital in February that Land came to speak at, it was a great event. Unfortunately, there was a blizzard the day it took place, so attendance was kind of low.

The next two events I am tracking are a Adult Hunter Mentor training being put on my the DNR to get members qualified to be a mentor on 15 April, and the other is a BWCAW "Fireside Stories" night at the Patagonia Store in Saint Paul on 24 April. My guess is that there will be some informal social event following both.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MinnesotaBackcountryHunters/

If you are on FB, the group page is pretty active, and if you are a member you will get notifications for all of the events. It seems like their is ussually 6-8 pint nights a year, the last few years there has been a "Backcountry Brewfest" in Hudson, WI. and they have a yearly state rendezvous. We had a public lands rally at the state capital in February that Land came to speak at, it was a great event. Unfortunately, there was a blizzard the day it took place, so attendance was kind of low.

The next two events I am tracking are a Adult Hunter Mentor training being put on my the DNR to get members qualified to be a mentor on 15 April, and the other is a BWCAW "Fireside Stories" night at the Patagonia Store in Saint Paul on 24 April. My guess is that there will be some informal social event following both.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MinnesotaBackcountryHunters/
Thanks. I removed myself from FB a few yrs ago, so I will look into some options. Appreciate the info

Back