Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

History of the Wild Turkey in Montana

406LIFE

I've always felt turkeys didn't get enough of the stage with Montana's Wildlife. This is a really good primer on how we got turkeys in the state. A good watch and hopefully one that peeks some interest for others in pursuing turkeys this spring.

Interesting video. I certainly underestimated how fun turkey hunting is. I didnt bother for the longest time because I was convinced they were all on private.
Edit: okay a majority of them are on private. I'm starting to think I just got really lucky last year finding them on public.

Last edited:
I have been lurking here for awhile but seeing this thread made me have to register. I have been hunting wild turkeys in Montana for about 5 years now and did not know they had such an interesting and long history there. Thanks for posting this .

I have been lurking here for awhile but seeing this thread made me have to register. I have been hunting wild turkeys in Montana for about 5 years now and did not know they had such an interesting and long history there. Thanks for posting this .
Welcome aboard!

It great to see the continued expansion of wild turkeys. I remember living in western CO when people thought you were crazy for claiming to have seen one. Now people that have never hunted turkeys before in their lives are hooked!!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chughes
Back