PEAX Equipment

Hip waders

Huntkook

Looking to get into a good pair of hip waders for trapping, was wondering what waders ya'll use or recommended.

Reactions: LQ9
I’ve never had hip waders that’s have lasted more than a couple of months. I would go with a cheap pair of regular waders before I went with any hip wader.

I have the Frog Toggs hip waders because they were cheap. I use them about 15 times per fall elk hunting (crossing a river) and a handful of times fishing per year. They have held up great and I've had them for 3+ years.

I bought a cheap pair of booted Frog Toggs hip waders a few years ago. I think they were about $40 on Amazon. I don't use them often, but they developed a leak last year where the boots are attached to the wader. I turned them inside out and "painted" the leaky spots with Flex Seal, and they have not leaked since then.

If you can find some that have contour ankle and airbob sole they should fill the bill. I have a pair of old school Cabelas that have lasted a long time. Not available from cabelas anymore, but those features really help in slippery mud. Contour ankles keeps muck from pulling your foot out of the boot in muddy clay bottoms

I have used the Chota "Hippies" for a long time and really like them. They are stocking foot so you can use your regular wading boots with them and they can be worn in a couple different configurations depending on depth.

Lacrosse Lacrosse Lacrosse. They last WAYYY better than cheapo. I work in wetlands, with briars, ice, etc. In fact was in them all day today. These are the only ones that have been good to me. Same as the knee boots.

The best hip waders I’ve had are the $10 (at the time) ones you can buy in any store in Alaska. I think they are called Alaska hip waders. They were always in a big bin and you’d just dig through them to find your size.

1709861851502.png

I, too, have a pair of LaCrosse hip boots that have worked well. They did a lot better than my buddy’s two contractor bags and duct tape idea. More expensive though.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back