Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hi from wa

Wa Bowguy

Hey guys and gals, my name is Tyler and i'm from Washington state (Eastside). Lived and hunted here my whole life. I archery hunt for deer and elk with my dad as my partner and now my son starting.My dad and i are looking to expand our hunting outside of the state. Im here to share my stories and advice and learn from others add well.

Welcome aboard! I bet you are excited to hunt with your son!
Absolutely! He is only 9 but has been out on a quite a few deer trips and a handful of elk hunts. He's been watching YouTube idaho archery elk with my daily with me. Thanks for the welcome.

Attachments

• 20191122_160601_004.jpg
    20191122_160601_004.jpg
    761.3 KB · Views: 8
Welcome. We need more Washington hunters on this forum. You wouldn't happen to hunt the Blues would you?
I have but its been a minute however i have connections into those units. Typically i hunt the central part of the state. If you have any questions shoot them my way and I'll see what i can answer for you

The Reason I ask is I drew a Spring bear tag this year in 169. Been keeping an eye on the Bluewood Ski Area summit cameras (lot of snow up their). I know the south facing slopes will clear far before much of the other stuff does but road access is the limiting factor. Send me a private message if you have any contacts (4x4 clubs, ATV or hunters) in the area who may be able to clarify some access issues. It would be nice to have some realtime info.

Howdy, looks like familiar country in the pic, one of them smokey Sept archery seasons. I'm like you, done most of my hunting in central WA but looking for more opportunities for bull hunts in other states.

Howdy, looks like familiar country in the pic, one of them smokey Sept archery seasons. I'm like you, done most of my hunting in central WA but looking for more opportunities for bull hunts in other states.
Yea that was actually a November hunt behind Quincy with a fire down below and there colokum in the back drop. We're are researching Idaho right now just trying to find out where to start and which zone. If we kill bulls awesome but I'm missing elk meat

Yea that was actually a November hunt behind Quincy with a fire down below and there colokum in the back drop. We're are researching Idaho right now just trying to find out where to start and which zone. If we kill bulls awesome but I'm missing elk meat
Oh yeah, now I look closer I see frost on the ground, and pretty bundled up for Sept! That must have been the fire down near Crescent Bar last fall? I know a guy who grew up in ID, still goes back every year and kills a bull, but he and everybody else from ID is about as tight lipped as they come. My WA success rates are pretty dismal, I've been taking advantage of the reduced priced cow tags in WY, done well there, and hoping to draw a general tag there this year.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back