Hey I am heading to CO.

Preacher shaner

Ok second season rifle CO. Looking at unit 25 and 35 that lay on the CO river. Would bringing a boat to get away from people help. Or maybe unit 60. Any insight would be great. My frist elk hunt. I am sure it's going to kick my butt. But I have to start some time....

Ok second season rifle CO. Looking at unit 25 and 35 that lay on the CO river. Would bringing a boat to get away from people help. Or maybe unit 60. Any insight would be great. My frist elk hunt. I am sure it's going to kick my butt. But I have to start some time....
The elk are probably going to be at much higher elevation than the river so I don’t know if a boat would be worth it. What type of boat?

The elk are probably going to be at much higher elevation than the river so I don’t know if a boat would be worth it. What type of boat?
I was thinking how many people are crossing the river to start the hike in. I was looking there a roads and trails coming in from one side and that was the only way to access with out crossing the river.
I was thinking be a mile or two from river before the guys from the trail heads make there way to me .

are you primarily looking to GMU35 for access from the river? because there's a road on the GMU25 side that runs along the river most of the way, which gives you access anywhere along that road as its mostly BLM
also if you zoom in, you'll see that Colorado river is in a fairly steep canyon most of the way, so even if you got off on GMU35 side, it would be a straight hike up a very very steep wall. then you also have the boat to worry about *(assuming you have a raft?).
i float Colorado between 15/361 areas, and in the summer/fall when water is low, one can find plenty of spots to wade across. *(as long as water flow is low), but am not so sure further down where you're thinking if its possible to cross on foot.

are you primarily looking to GMU35 for access from the river? because there's a road on the GMU25 side that runs along the river most of the way, which gives you access anywhere along that road as its mostly BLM
also if you zoom in, you'll see that Colorado river is in a fairly steep canyon most of the way, so even if you got off on GMU35 side, it would be a straight hike up a very very steep wall. then you also have the boat to worry about *(assuming you have a raft?).
i float Colorado between 15/361 areas, and in the summer/fall when water is low, one can find plenty of spots to wade across. *(as long as water flow is low), but am not so sure further down where you're thinking if its possible to cross on foot.
Yea your right I was thinking of unit 35 side. But thanks for the input

Back