Hey Erik....

Daniel in Ak

Dude hows it going? I have a question for ya.Your up at pump station three right? Well maybe I ahve two questions for ya lol!
Do you know If there are any Caribou between Coldfoot and Atigun Pass right now?
Here's the deal I want to come up and fill my 05 tags before the end of the month and will you be up there between mid April and the end of the month? Daniel

Daniel,
I'm at pump four, just north of Atigun. There are caribou everywhere but they're scattered in small groups. There are good numbers between Toolik and Galbraith. In fact there are approachable (there's cover for stalks) animals right behind the airport.

I'm at home and head back up on the 13th.

Eric, just curious, where is home? Fairbanks?
I hunted bou north of Galbraith a few years ago and am still hopefull of getting back there in the next couple years. Amazing country!!!

sweet!Erik,thatnks for the update,and one more question or two.How's the weathe and depth of snow? I imagine I Ill need snowshoes huh? When you head up north the 13th how long will you be? (two weeks) I'll see about trying that weekend or next after you get up there,and most likely camp out at Atigun #2 in the parking area on the west side of the road on the south side of the river.If you can get out and about I'll be in a blk 4 door 3/4 ton Chevy.Thanks again for the info.Daniel

Yup...2 weeks. I'll be on road patrol next tour so I'll come by and say hi. There's plenty of parking at the airport and you'd be closer. There's a few spots where the drifts are deep but for the most part the snow is not much more than ankle deep. I'd recommend ski's over showshoes if you have them.

The bulls are pretty much antlerless and focused on feeding more than anything else. Stalk the creek bottoms but be careful for overflow.

Also there's a pack of wolves working the area by the airport. It might be worth bringing a predator call.

Dada I live in Anchorage now.

sweet dude.Thanks.I just might camp out at the airport then.ALso I might be up there this weekend,but in two weeks definetly will be.I'll try and post a message here when I leave.
As for the bulls it doesnt matter dude,this is a meat hunt only.I'll be sorta hunt'n horns in Aug on the fly out trip from Deadhorse.Until then take care dude and thanks. Daniel

Back