Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

HEY BW.....

Moosie

Grand poopa
Going brown bear hunting ?!@?!?

YOU said ....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Now I just gotta scrounge up the $25.00 and go buy a tag... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GOT a picture for ya....
finger.gif

Good luck hunting brown bear in yuor state that charges a CHIT load for a non-res to hunt them !!!!
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif

(It's all out of love though....
thumbs.gif
)

HA!

I was wondering if you were going to catch that!!!

Now Moosie, the State only charges a few hundered dollars...

It's the darn Guide who's charging several thousand!!

:D:D:D

Yep, taking the boat up north about 40 miles this weekend. See if I can spot any early bears out and about. I'll take a picture for ya... ;)

Brian, Seriously though, GOOD luck to ya FRIEND !!! I would love to hunt them.. BUT I would rather spend the 10k to get one on a African Safari and Wack 10-15 animals !!

THATS just me though...

MY dad might move there sometime. If he does, I'm taking advantage of that and taking 2 months off if I have to to get the 3 "NON res animals" that I can't hunt now !!!

GOOD luck this weekend and TAKE pictures bro !!!

That would be great, if your dad moves up.

I wish the laws would allow Alaskan residents to "guide" friends, not relatives. After all, if you can guide a relative safely (according to the State) then why not friends?

I suspect I could get alot of friends to come up, and help with the boat gas, if they were able to shoot Brownies. I'd get to hunt more, and they'd have a great time.

Fat chance of that happening though!

Wish I could help out on your Alaskan hunt in 2004, but the only available game around my parts, is the same stuff you can shoot down there. (without a guide I mean)

If you guys decide to hunt S.E. Alaska for Black bear, rather than Canada, let me know.

I agree the guide laws are BS. I know alot of non-res that are better suited to hunt bears, sheep and goats than some residents I met.

Oh and just north of anchorage and a few other units, you dont even have to pay the $25 dollars for the bear tag, you can just use your hunting license.

lilbiggun,

Nice to hear from ya! If I actually get a Brown bear down here this Spring, that means I'm done for 4 years around here.

I'll be thinking of traveling up north, to the "one brown/griz a year" areas. I'd like to have a Grizzly rug too.

Brian,
It is nioce having the 1 bear per year rule, but I would rather live down where you are at

Cant you find an excuse for a training mission up here or something, atleast that would pay for the airfare (of course it would have to be in the spring or fall) ;)

Back