Here to learn from the best ;)

Huntingchic2020

Reading and learning.. always looking for new info. My husband and I got into hunting about 14 years ago. I was born in AZ and hunted quail, rabbit and elk with my Dad growing up, but never imagined I would become a hunter. I was drawn 12 years ago and had ZERO idea what I was doing. I had a perfect shot, the morning sun was casting shadows on a hillside on Hutch Mountain and my gun went click. The pin struck the ammo but it didn't fire. I was SO inexperienced that 1, I didn't know how to reload my own gun and 2, I ejected the malfunctioned bullet and reloaded it. By that time they were gone. I have been on many hunts since, archery deer, archery bull, rifle cow, my own 14 year old daughter got her first elk before me. So 12 years of waiting to be drawn it's finally MY TURN again, and here I am opening day in unit 6A and where did all the elk go? I'll get one, I will not give up. I will get one. :)

6A gets hit pretty hard with both hunting and recreational pressure. There is still a large population of elk there however. Find some drainages that are off the road a bit. Think about where the elk may go to hide when the pressure ramps up and you will find them. Keep working at it and be persistent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back