Herding Pheasants

Nemont

Coming back from Sunday's duck hunt my son and I decided to take the back roads back to home.

We started seeing pheasants running down the road so we just kept easing along and they kept running down the road.

Just a few at first
P9300260.jpg

then a few more
P9300255.jpg

P9300273.jpg

and so on
P9300256.jpg

P9300269.jpg

P9300267.jpg

P9300266.jpg

Hopefully they will be ready for us next Saturday morning.

Nemont

Nice ditch parrots. If I didn't know better, I would guess that was Bowdoin. Gotta love all the Russian olives.:rolleyes:

Best of luck finding a limit next weekend.

mtmiller,

It is on Bowdoin. We were in Whitewater and came back through Malta Sunday. I was there Saturday morning also. I signed in about 1/2 hour after you. Hunted Drumbo but nothing decoyed but a hen mallard and about 200 sh#tter ducks. Only was there about an hour though as I had to beat feet back home for a soccer tournment my kids were in.

Jose,
Three a day.

Nemont

You should have let me know, I found a few on Sat.
P1130730.jpg

I didn't do worth a crap on Sunday, but I will blame that on the dicks from MN with a 27hp go-devil and no dog. Great to have them running all over the place chasing cripples with with that cruiser. They hunted north of me the first day and killed 6 ducks between 3 of them (4 of the ducks were shovelers as well). :rolleyes: I guess they liked my birds and decided to set up 300 yards from me on Sunday. Actually only one guy was from MN, but he was with two guys that had Montana 7 plates, go figure. :rolleyes:

A friend of mine hunted Drumbo Sunday and limited out. He is a very duck hunter though.

I will be back at it next week, as my little brother will be coming up to join me. Maybe you will be out there chasing them damn exotics. :D

I will be trying to get both ducks and pheasants. That is a great looking pintail you got there.

I doubt I will hunt pheasants on the refuge. I will be over by the Frenchman somewhere and then on to Whitewater to help a few kids get their speed goat on Sunday.

Nemont

Cool pics. Looks like a good year for birds. We've got record high chuckar numbers this year and I'm seeing pheasants this year like I can't remember. Should make for a good fall.

Glad you brought that up. It is one of the first Montana records of the thought to be extinct Canada-vulture goose. They spend most of their time feeding on carrion. It may have been an illegal take since he was circling my dead ducks when I shot him. Not sure of the specifics on baiting.

actaully i thought miller would have replied more like this " That isnt the Gooses' neck! its really Axles happy willy poking out from under the pile of birds. hump He's a stud isnt he?"

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back