Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Help: Nebraska Quail/Pheasant

Wild Bill

Hey all,
I've been kicking around the idea of running down to Nebraska in a couple weeks to extend my pup's first upland season, but was looking for a little bit of help.
The general area that I was thinking of heading is along the Nebraska/Kansas border, near the towns of McCook, Arapahoe, Alma.
I've never hunted the area and was wondering if anyone on here has and kind of what I can expect.
Any pointers or tips would be greatly appreciated, also not looking for any honeyholes as there appears to be plenty of public land in that area, just general guidance would be awesome.
I do plan on making some calls to NE Game and Parks for additional guidance, but figured I'd throw it up on here as well.
Feel free to PM if you want to share anything privately.
Thanks a bunch!

(picture just because he looked so ruggedly handsome)
image0.jpeg

Don't go to the southeast corner. Have a cousin there and pheasant hunting sucks. Quail is better, but not much.

If you want pheasants, go around Imperial/Wallace, or out toward Alliance-if you can get access. I, personally, would stay in South Dakota, if I thought that I wanted a pheasant. Quail is pretty spotty and changes year to year.

If you want pheasants, go around Imperial/Wallace, or out toward Alliance-if you can get access. I, personally, would stay in South Dakota, if I thought that I wanted a pheasant. Quail is pretty spotty and changes year to year.
Thanks for the tip. I'd prefer to just stay in SD as well and not travel, but our season closes on January 5, so I'd rather travel than pay to shoot pen birds somewhere.

We were thinking along the same lines, looking at SW Nebraska and NW Kansas for some January pheasants. My bearded lady needs a break from the snow.

1lDQSLM.jpg

Walked a long ways hunting WIHA yesterday in KS. Got up 4 roosters and killed 3. Its been slow. Some days have had no birds and other days a limit or close. But always better in the field with a dog than doing something else.

Brent, sorry to see that. Must have been a pretty good tumble. I've been packing a 12 gauge Franchi and I can't hurt it. Hopefully the shotgun is broke worse than you are. Ton of badger holes out there this year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back