Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Help identify this rifle

Jasher

I was thinking a 1908 mauser. It has no import marks. The only marks are in the pictures. And like an idiot I didn't take any pictures of the complete rifle.

Attachments

• 20220507_134128.jpg
    20220507_134128.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 104
  • 20220507_134056.jpg
    20220507_134056.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 103
  • 20220507_134213.jpg
    20220507_134213.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 103
From the marks I would guess it's a Turkish Mauser but hard to tell without seeing the whole gun, what caliber?

There will be more markings on the receiver. The marking on the stock is irrelevant. I would bet there is a proof mark somewhere on the actual receiver.

There will be more markings on the receiver. The marking on the stock is irrelevant. I would bet there is a proof mark somewhere on the actual receiver.
The only marks on the action are in the 3rd picture

M1 Carbines don't have those markings, or that bayonet attachment.
Don't think an M1 Carbine even had a bayonet.

Without pictures of the whole rifle, especially the receiver & bolt, it's really hard to tell what it is.

From the little info we have, i'm also leaning towards Turkish Mauser.

Kinda looks like an Arisaka Type 30 bayonet? Writing could be Japanese. Need more photos.

I agree, and I’m leaning towards arisaka as well (it’s always an arisaka).

Could we get pictures of the whole rifle? Or at least the receiver section?

I agree, and I’m leaning towards arisaka as well (it’s always an arisaka).

Could we get pictures of the whole rifle? Or at least the receiver section?
This is my guess too.

Great idea for a new game: Gunle

There’s already Wordle, Worldle, Mathle, and Versle plus others I’m sure. We need a Gunle!

It's not my rifle so I can't take anything apart. When I was taking pictures I got distracted after I was trying to get a clear picture of the only markings on the receiver. What I can say is it's a single shot, bolt action, bolt lift is 90 degrees. I'm still thinking 1908 Brazilian mauser. With the very little markings and the ones it does have are just odd.

It's not my rifle so I can't take anything apart. When I was taking pictures I got distracted after I was trying to get a clear picture of the only markings on the receiver. What I can say is it's a single shot, bolt action, bolt lift is 90 degrees. I'm still thinking 1908 Brazilian mauser. With the very little markings and the ones it does have are just odd.

Since you say it’s single shot, Murata rifle is a possibility.

Without pictures of the whole rifle, especially the receiver & bolt, it's really hard to tell what it is.

It has abayonet but it looks like an m16 bayonet and a ka-bar had a baby

Which is pretty hot if you ask me..

Kinda looks like an Arisaka Type 30 bayonet? Writing could be Japanese. Need more photos.
I was going to say Type 99, but that would have more receiver markings.

Was the bolt head a large round knob?

Of course the 30 Carbines had a bayonet lug. Beginning in 1944. Many are retro fitted. My IBM is all original and matching, except for the bayonet lug type barrel band, no IBM had one unless they were added later.

Google "M4 Bayonet" for the lowdown.

1908 Mausers are 5 shot repeaters.
1871 mauser were single shot.
I would lean closer to this being a murata.
Bayonet looks like a type 18 murata.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back