Hello from the "mountains" of Southern California

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, I actually joined a while back but dont get on the computer much and can't find your wonderful forum on Tapatalk so I don't find myself on here much.

Been reading quite a bit on here today and it seems like a good bunch of people on here.

Born and raised in Southern California (31 years old) , currently reside in beautiful Big Bear Lake and own my own plumbing business. There seems to be a few of us from So. Cal on here, I am always looking for new guys to share good hunting times with, I mostly hunt around Big Bear and with friends in San Diego county as well as trips to Utah every year to bow hunt and maybe someday my dreams of hunting Wyoming and Montana will come true as well. But am willing to hunt anytime and anywhere I can.

Well I hope to be on here more and be able to share with all some great hunting experiences in the coming year and learn from all of your experiences as well.

Best regards,

Daniel

Welcome Daniel. Hope you find our insanity to be a pleasureable place in spite of the characters hanging out here.

Thanks Big Fin, I was reading through some of your Live Hunt updates from your hunts last fall. Can't wait to see those trips on TV this summer. Sounds like some great times.

Daniel

Ron,

I am already planning my summer scouting trips into San G wilderness, should be some good antler growth with all of the rain this year. Can't wait till bow season.

Daniel

Last edited:
Always had good luck there and on the backside of big bear heading just a bit down towards the desert for deer and rattlesnakes - but that was back in the 70's sure things have changed a bit.

Ron

Welcome!

My best bud lived in ....I wanna say the town was Crestline?... I could not BELIEVE how different it was there than in the city just to the west. We could stand on the crest of a hill near his house and look at LA below... yet their were muleys in his yard and big Pine trees...it felt like I was in West Yellowstone or something up there....

Hope you get to hunt Montana soon! It sure is a nice place to be!

Yep, Crestline is just a little to the west of us. Totally different world up here compared to the zoo down in the valley. Deer, big bears and some amazing California Bighorn in the wilderness area.

Only place in Southern California I think I could live.

Everybody liies like 7734 here, don't believe a word, without a pic. And remember, Photo Shop !! Welcome Aboard buddy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back