Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hello from the left coast

mtk

Another lurker here.. as I'm locked down in quarantine, it seems a good time to start planning my "social distancing" for the next few years, boots on the ground, and spend time out hunting

Long story short, big game hunting has always been something I've had a passion for, but I've let time pass by, and "next year" became a recurring theme.

Creating an account and getting more involved in discussions isn't a step to hunting, but it is a step to planning hunts beyond my back yard.

This year, I've been spending some time trying to get my head into the game, figuring out what states to start joining the drawings, where to build preference points, what "difficult to draw" hunts I should focus on, and what hunts are going to be physically demanding, that I'd like to do sooner than later.

It's a lot, and as I'm not in a locale where hunting is ingrained in the culture, online seems like my outlet.

Looking forward to advice, suggestions, sharing stories, etc.

Thanks in advance, and apologies in advance for any missteps.

Welcome from El Centro CA.

Nevada and Arizona would be good neighboring states to start. Also Hawaii is cheap if you do it like the locals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back