Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hello from OK

Lane579

New to the forum. Grew up hunting in NW New Mexico and SW Colorado. Relocated to OK a couple years ago and I want to get back into hunting locally. Never hunted whitetail before but I’m going to make it happen this year. I’ve also got the bug to get into bow hunting. Thanks!

New to the forum. Grew up hunting in NW New Mexico and SW Colorado. Relocated to OK a couple years ago and I want to get back into hunting locally. Never hunted whitetail before but I’m going to make it happen this year. I’ve also got the bug to get into bow hunting. Thanks!
Welcome, I'm new too. Folks here are pretty helpful. You may have heard this already; the Search features are good ways to find a lot of material you probably want to ask about that have a lot of very helpful responses and some info I didn't think about. Hope all is well!

Welcome to the forum. You probably could have given me advice for a mule deer hunt in NM Unit 2B east of Navajo Lake this past October!

I moved to NM a couple of years ago but grew up hunting whitetail in Arkansas. Good luck figuring it out as I'm trying to figure out hunting mule deer and elk in big open country.

Archery is the way to go if hunting public, rifle gets pretty crowded in alot of areas.

Welcome from sw Ok!
Note:
Wanna be in the woods alone?
Keep track of the OU football schedule.
Any Sunday OU plays in Norman, Sooner fans abandon the woods, leaving them open for REAL hunters

Welcome from sw Ok!
Note:
Wanna be in the woods alone?
Keep track of the OU football schedule.
Any Sunday OU plays in Norman, Sooner fans abandon the woods, leaving them open for REAL hunters
Good point! I hope Boise has two road games in a row in early Oct. 2021! :)

Welcome to the forum. You probably could have given me advice for a mule deer hunt in NM Unit 2B east of Navajo Lake this past October!

I moved to NM a couple of years ago but grew up hunting whitetail in Arkansas. Good luck figuring it out as I'm trying to figure out hunting mule deer and elk in big open country.
Thanks Rzrbk,
I hunted that unit 2 area years and years ago with my dad, maybe before they divided it up into A, B, and C I'm not sure. He was the real expert because he worked in the oilfields out there. Hunting that Largo Canyon area is tough anymore BECAUSE of all the oilfield traffic. I know there's some big bucks in there, just have to escape the road hunters. I've also seen some decent bulls but that was probably 30 years ago. I actually got my first ever mule deer south of Navajo Dam. A little fork-in-horn but I didn't care, I thought it was the best trophy ever for a 10 or 11 year old kid!

Back