Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Hello from Northern CO

RidgeRunner76

Hello,

Have lurked here for several years and finally decided to try and become a active member. Having read through numerous threads I'll try and follow the sage advice of trying to be helpful while showcasing my own hunts. I'm a CO native that has hunted here since I turned 12 in 1988. It wasn't until the mid 2000's that my success started to really come in after I figured out how to listen and learn from others around me. Especially when it comes to the saying of "Luck favors those who work hard." Here are a few recent success photos culminating in last years hunts.

2016 is shaping up to be a doozy as well. Between my small group of family and friends, we have 4 Bull tags, and 5 buck tags to fill in a little over 2 weeks total hunting time. Good times!

2007 Bull

2008 Bull

2015 Buck (Over 10 year wait playing Pref Point game)

Best day of my hunting career. 2015 Daughters buck. Last morning of the season after a exciting but bittersweet start

Thanks for having me and I hope to contribute.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Thats great getting the kids out there. Enjoy it while you can because before to long they dont want to hang out with dad anymore. I have 2 boys that are 18 and 16. Im lucky if I even get to see them most days let alone spend much time together.

Welcome to HuntTalk. I know the feeling of satisfaction when it involves kids and the outdoors. The size of the adventure is what makes a trophy a trophy

Thanks Gentleman. Hope to be a good member. Very much enjoying reading up on some of the past elk hunts posted here.

Duckhunt,

Yes sir. My girls are old enough now that sports and school activities make it real tough to spend much quality time with them. My son starts down that same path this year being his 1st year eligible for Jr. High sports. Hopefully despite all this, we will still find enough time to get them in the field for their tags. Luckily I have a buck tag in the same area their buck and bull tags are so if nothing else I can be actively scouting while they are at school and sports practice. Thanks for the welcome gents. I'll post up more once my scouting gets rolling and seasons get closer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back