Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hello from Great Falls, Montana

stk

Hello everyone! I’ve been reading the forum for a while and decided I should go ahead and post. This forum seems to be a lot more focused on hunting than politics and respecting of differing beliefs...a surprisingly rare find on a gun or hunting forum! I’ve been living in Great Falls, Montana the last year and a half and I’ll be leaving this summer. I’ve made good work of my time here. I’ve managed to connect on an elk each of the last two years, finally getting my first bull this last November in my fourth year of really hunting them.

Next on the list- black bear in Alaska this spring!

Welcome to the forum. Whats the temp in Great Falls today?

What rifle you shooting there? Nice bull
Its a Seekins Havak Elevation in 6.5 PRC. Awesome to carry and tremendously accurate, but I wasn’t thrilled with the performance of the ELD-X. No exit and no blood at all, if I hadn’t shot the elk in the open he would’ve been hard to find him in timber since there was no blood at all except where he fell, about 100 yards from here I hit him. I hit him in the ribs behind the shoulder, missing the larger bones, and the jacket still completely separated from the core. Here’s the recovered jacket.

8FD1BC33-1098-478C-946F-9BC5E48D45E8.jpeg

Welcome to the forum! Where are you moving to this summer?

Both my wife and I are in the Air Force, I’ll be heading overseas for a year while the wife and kid stay here in Montana for another year. Hopefully they’ll link us back up after that, but it will probably be somewhere on the east coast (unfortunately)!

Welcome and congrats on the bull! As for the eldx, I don’t see them as a hunting bullet let alone adequate for elk. Bonded core or copper for me. Guided a guy who shot his antelope with a 200 grain eldx from a 300 win at 200 yds with performance similar to yours.

Hello everyone! I’ve been reading the forum for a while and decided I should go ahead and post. This forum seems to be a lot more focused on hunting than politics and respecting of differing beliefs...a surprisingly rare find on a gun or hunting forum! I’ve been living in Great Falls, Montana the last year and a half and I’ll be leaving this summer. I’ve made good work of my time here. I’ve managed to connect on an elk each of the last two years, finally getting my first bull this last November in my fourth year of really hunting them.

Next on the list- black bear in Alaska this spring!

Welcome and are you guys hiring to replace you? 😂😂😂

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back