PEAX Equipment

Hello from Chicago

TheGreek

Been lurking for almost two years now and figured I should finally introduce myself. But first and foremost, thanks for all of the great information and contributors on this site. I planned a pronghorn hunt to SE Wyoming last fall with information gleaned from people’s posts on here and was able to take a buck I was happy with on publicly accessible land.

About me: I’ve lived in Chicago for about 10 years now. I’m originally from PA but grew up in NW Colorado. I grew up hunting small game and waterfowl but in the last few years I’ve been bitten hard by the big game and western hunting bug. I have a whole host of applications in to Western States currently for this fall. I hunt whitetails, turkeys, small game and waterfowl here in Illinois on public land. I also get up to the Nicolet NF in Wisconsin about once a year for ruffed grouse and spend most of the winter ice fishing locally in Northern Illinois and Southeast WI. I also get back to PA for a few days each year for the rifle deer season on my Uncle’s farm in southeastern PA.

I’m always looking for like minded people to meet up with as I do almost all of my midwestern hunting alone. There’s not exactly boatloads of hunting partners in the City of Chicago, especially guys who like to hunt public land.

I know people like pictures so below are pictures of the pronghorn buck I killed last fall in WY, the whitetail buck I killed last fall with my bow on public land in West-Central Illinois and the first ruffed grouse I got after three years of trying in the Nicolet.

Thanks for having me.

Attachments

• C005E53C-ACA3-43BC-81A1-0A741863855D.jpeg
    C005E53C-ACA3-43BC-81A1-0A741863855D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • 3C0DE6CB-1F7A-462F-A380-89068BF6CB52.jpeg
    3C0DE6CB-1F7A-462F-A380-89068BF6CB52.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • E67B5404-130C-45B0-B9FF-EAA0B67AD9D4.jpeg
    E67B5404-130C-45B0-B9FF-EAA0B67AD9D4.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 17
Welcome, I work in Chicago. Live between central Illinois and northern Missouri, pretty much a strict public land hunter ( like I always say we all co-own millions of acres) I’ve got private to hunt but at the end of the day there really isn’t much fun in that. Shoot me a message some time if your interested, I try to get about 4 western hunts in a year.

4!?
I need to get on your level!

I’m lucky my work schedule allows me to bounce around all fall, 28 days on 14 off, a lot of time I leave straight from work and head west. 2020 is gonna be the year I’m going to try to hunt every month of the year, mountain lion bear deer elk turkey wolf pronghorn all diy public lands on a poor mans budget. I’m just trying to survive between hunts.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back