Hello from a Newbee in Wyoming

Mountainborn

I've spent a lot of time over on the North American Hunting Club boards, and they just keep going downhill. Was referred to this one, and I love the whole concept of the On Your Own Adventures Show. Thought I'd give this board a try.

I'm a native Wyomingite and pretty much spend all of September and October out trying to shoot something. My working time is spent as a Civil Engineering designing roads. Not real flashy, but someone's gotta do it. And it's a good living for my wife and 3 kids (hopefully, soon to be 4).

I'll warn ya'll now, I'm pretty open minded to start out, but once I decide something based on right and wrong, I'm awfully bull-headed about it. But it's still possible to be respectful while disagreeing.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll see me around a lot. Mostly in the fireside room. I find that my style of hunting isn't very helpful to most hunters in other parts of the country. I've never even seen a tree stand. (Although, I've never once been skunked on a tag in 15 years, so what I do works.)

I look forward to getting to know ya'll.

Sounds like you'll fit in just fine.Are you saying you have a 15 year run on filling elk tags or just filling a tag?

I've seen a tree stand...and they look damn uncomfortable.:D

...welcome to the circus.

Mountainborn,

Welcome and great to have you on the site. I see you have a couple of nice rifles for trade as well. I hop they go quickly.

Sounds like you'll fit in just fine.Are you saying you have a 15 year run on filling elk tags or just filling a tag?

I'm saying that in the last 15 years I haven't had any tag for any big game that I didn't fill. But that's a big benefit to all the public land in western Wyoming and having a father who guided for 20 years.
I haven't actually hunted Elk for the last 3 years because I prefer the deer hunting, and a deer was big enough to supply meat for most of the year. I have gotten a muley every year, and I did get a moose about 4 years ago and a 'lope last year.

With my kids getting bigger, and every one of them a carnivore, I think I'll go for Elk this year. See if I still remember how to hunt them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back