Hawk Deer Crawler Cart

Jmnhunter

I noticed on Camofire's site last night they had Hawk's deer cart "on sale." it looked like a nice concept and reviews seemed favorable, if you get all of the hardware with the shipment. Anyone use one of these vs the traditional 2 wheel carts? Keep in mind I am a flatlander, all of the public hunting areas I hunt are closed off to motorized vehicles. I usually bike into my spots, and there seems to be no shortage of old logging roads to get to for navigating the cart and I plan on attaching to my bike as well.

I have reached out to Hawk in regards to spare tire availability but their CS is nonexistent

I don't know camofire's price but Scheels has it for $150

Not one. We really put it to the test! Two deer behind a bike with no problems!

I bought one last year and used it extensively. Two problems that I discovered:
The handle wants to fold up when in use. The solution was to drill a hole through the handles and frame while extended and use a clevis pin on each side. Works great.
The second issue is the tires. They appear to be plastic and don't hold air too well. I'm upgrading them to rubber. With those two modifications it will be an awesome game cart.

I have one, my tires are rubber and foam filled, cart came that way. doesn't turn the best and is a little wide but those are the only downsides.

The second issue is the tires. They appear to be plastic and don't hold air too well. I'm upgrading them to rubber. With those two modifications it will be an awesome game cart.
did you find some no flats? I was going to try replacing the tube in the one tire but figured I'll run into this issue later with the other 3 tires.
I see harbor freight has some 8" no flats for about $8, but they seem heavy

Haven't had a problem with my tires going flat yet. Not sure why you are having that issue already. We used ours to wheel out 3 antelope a couple years ago and no problems.

frustrating, havent even got to take it out the yard yet and Hawk's customer service is nonexistent, i think they must have laid them all off; I've tried calling and emailing several times with no human contact

shoot any deer in WI yet? have a buddy that works for the county at douglas and every year he shoots some tanks all on public land!

We're more into the bears right now than the deer, but Douglas is #5 county in WI for booner deer. The hell with the farmland.
I just brought my crawler cart out of the garage. We leave for a Montana antelope hunt on Thursday.

Back