Has anyone noticed complete snowpack on their OnX Imagery?

matechakeric

all the mountains in my satellite imagery right now are completely snowpacked which makes e-scouting pretty useless. At least that's what I see all over my WY map satellite imagery. Those images must've been from winter.

Anyone else experiencing this?

OnX doesn't do there own imagery, no body does... it's a big complex market place with imagery coming from a ton of sources and then various companies aggregating it and stitching it together, you can actually buy a drone and then get paid to fly it around taking pic for imagery aggregators.

Point being OnX just uses the services of some other company which likely pays for the most current + highest resolution images.

OnX doesn't do there own imagery, no body does... it's a big complex market place with imagery coming from a ton of sources and then various companies aggregating it and stitching it together, you can actually buy a drone and then get paid to fly it around taking pic for imagery aggregators.

Point being OnX just uses the services of some other company which likely pays for the most current + highest resolution images.
It would be cool if you could select image layers for different dates.

There must have been a recent update, I'm seeing snow in both onx and GE that I didn't notice before. It does make it harder for escouting. Somebody go fly a drone and sell them some new imagery!

That's probably true but at least on Google Earth, I'm staring at two actively burning & growing wildfires from the summer of 2016

That happened a couple of years ago to me in ID. I had planned my hunt, had my waypoints all set up and when I got up to Idaho I had to "update" the app. I then had to re download all the offline maps I had and suddenly they were all snowy and I couldn't see a lot of the vegetation and water sources I had been looking at. Complained to OnX. Nothing they could do about it at the time because as mentioned, they purchase all the images from another party. But they did give me a 50% off code for my next years subscription. ID images have been updated now with a lot less snow. Hopefully your WY and MT areas will get sorted out sooner than later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back