Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hanna Draw - Wyoming

ginkgo72

Looks like our party of three draw Hanna draw for elk this year. Anyone been in the area? Cow tags only....but Q-creek ranch. Should I be worried? :)

They only give out a few dozen permits for Hanna draw HMA. Anyone hunted / seen this location before?

Was there a few years ago. Ran into elk while antelope hunting. Not your typical "mountain" elk hunting. Good place to road hunt elk.

GMU 19 Shirley mtns....not interested in road hunting...yuck

Well if you were looking at a palce to hunt elk in a roadless area above 10,000 ft and be all hardcore with your camp on your back and not seeing another hunter for days at a time you are probably going to be disappointed. Like I said I ran into elk while doing nothing but "yucky road hunting" for antelope in the area you are talking about. There are roads all through much of that area. The elk seemed to hang out in the wide open with the cows, md, and antelope. Good luck on your hunt.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I might be in for disappointment. Nah....as long as it's elk hunting away from high fences - we'll have fun.

Antlerless tags are all about the meat for me, so the easier the better. A cow close to the road is plus.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back