Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hand Call preference

Pecos

Which hand call do ya'll prefer and why?

My preference is the ones made by Crit'r Call, http://www.critrcall.com/.

I have all 4, although I must admit I very seldom use the Magnum or the Songdogger. The instructional tape that comes with the Songdogger is one of the best I have heard.

Whats ya'lls choice?????????

Pecos

I use Lohman and Sceery closed reed, the Sceery cow in heat open reed, and a Cronk Howler. The howler is great for barks, yelps, and howling and the cow in heat call works great for any other sounds I want to make. For a basic rabbit in distress I like the closed reed calls mentioned.

Pecos.. I use those critter calls as well have been for about 10-15 years now. I also use a mallard duck call(you can make it sound like to animals fighting)with great success. My favorite out of the critter calls are the squeelers...

Delw

I have pretty good luck with the talley-ho open reed call. I'm sure not a pro at using it, but the open reed calls give you so much more range of sounds . The foxes seem to like a very high pitched distress call. I've also been trying the burnham mini-blaster. A lot of guys swear by it, but I've had mixed results so far.
Doug

I like to use a series of different calls. I like to use the Sceery closed reed cottontail rabit, the Wayne Carlton open reed, and the Primos three in one call. the sceery and wayne calls i use for the coyotes and the primos for the bobcat and fox.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back