Guess what I saw this weekend?

Mountain Boomer

5 BIG GOBBLERS!!!

The ice and snow have all the animals out trying to find food. I decided to drive around and look for turkeys from the road. I was on my way to one of my favorite spots to hunt and HOLY SMOKES THERES TURKEYS IN THE FIELD!!! I pulled over on the side of the road and glassed them down with binoculars to discover it was a small bachelor group. The smallest one had at least a 9" beard w/ the longest pushing 11". I ended up seeing 21 deer and several more turkeys but no more beards. I got home that night and made a phone call to the land owner and I now have some more land to hunt...
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

SR, it looks like you better get busy finding that big Rio or you are in trouble...
biggrin.gif

Congrats!! If you need any help with those just let me know I can be into Ark. in about five hours!!!! I used to have family (1960's) near Little Rock. My dad was visiting them right after the riots/bombings in the 50's and said that they searched the whole car. Army trucks and personnel were everywhere. Glad things have changed.

Geez Boommer,
I'm still deer hunting and here you are tying 11 inchers to trees. You sure want my dollar BAD don't ya!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

No problem, I tied one up back in November. Been feeding him growth hormones. hehe SR

Yeah, but Shadow, you know you gotta win the flip to get his dollar, because I'll be right beside you, friend, and if I win the flip, the dollars will be mine!heehee

Boomer, your making me jealous, reminding me of what I left behind!
DS

Back