Guess Hank's gauge.

Rain.
24 hrs straight now. In the 40's.
Cannot complain about it, but it sure is not good for dry firewood collecting. Nor is water everywhere when you plan on working water sources for elk in NM. LOL
Manana.

Heard from Dinkshooter down in the Gila area looking for advice on glassing for Coues in the conditions we now have. Appropriate ? LOL
I hope he has good tires and raingear.
I told him some spots to sit in the truck and watch what happens. Spot the tails...
Hey, he asked me...LOL
I'm an old.

I have 1.70"s ,so far. A muddy mess.
Pie Town made the Nat. weather show, as did Datil.

dinkshooter sent me a pic. He found high ground in the middle of the night. A river is running across a muddy road.
mrcowboy says a semi is to the axles on the Luna road.

So it rained ,then dried out enough to walk ,then froze.
Good thing I know where the elk are...filled the cow tag.
Got half a foot of snow after that and then another couple inches. Then another. Added up to another half an inch of moisture.
Then it dropped to zero and below...48 today. Feels like 32.

It was a pain to finally get the last meds, free. Just got a call that I need to redo the same forms, again, for next year.........LOL

8 pill bottles on the shelf now. Gaining weight again. Hot flashes are , not cool...LOL
Go for bone density scan and labs next Wed. Then the Oncologist and pain doc on the 9th.

Walking fine. Can't lift much weight yet, but better than 6 months ago. The new lighter chain saw helps.
Took me 3 hours to do the cow gutless, with a winch off my truck. But I did it.

Christmas was Rio & I solo.

Got wood ready a fire going and expecting snow again tonight and tomorrow.
Life is good in Pie Town,NM.

So it rained ,then dried out enough to walk ,then froze.
Good thing I know where the elk are...filled the cow tag.
Got half a foot of snow after that and then another couple inches. Then another. Added up to another half an inch of moisture.
Then it dropped to zero and below...48 today. Feels like 32.

It was a pain to finally get the last meds, free. Just got a call that I need to redo the same forms, again, for next year.........LOL

8 pill bottles on the shelf now. Gaining weight again. Hot flashes are , not cool...LOL
Go for bone density scan and labs next Wed. Then the Oncologist and pain doc on the 9th.

Walking fine. Can't lift much weight yet, but better than 6 months ago. The new lighter chain saw helps.
Took me 3 hours to do the cow gutless, with a winch off my truck. But I did it.

Christmas was Rio & I solo.

Got wood ready a fire going and expecting snow again tonight and tomorrow.
Life is good in Pie Town,NM.
Good job hank...last two lines made me sleepy.

2022 cow.jpeg
This young cow made the year for Rio and I.
I do not feel guilty I had to go back into the house after checking the one shot was fine...and let the others leave quietly as I had coffee and changed by a warm fire. My roof is right there in the trees...

Attachments

• 2022 cow.jpeg
    2022 cow.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 6
Slice the heart thin.
I would have, but I am good at heart/lung shots.
194 yards, heart & lungs, off the opposite shoulder blade and back. I found the Nosler in the crease of the skin next to the opposite hind quarter. She only took a few steps.
3rd day, 15 minutes after I was out the door...a tough one.

Tenderloin tonight. Trip to the store when it gets light for portabellas, if I'm lucky.
Stormy days seem to be good trip days, these days. Lights flickering in the wind with sleet.

The Noslers provided by Southern Elk...thanks again.

Back