Grizzly Bear Range Expansion

WyoDoug

Map that shows growth of grizzly range to date. Notice how it is expanding along the Wind River range especially.

We also have more than one confirmed sighting in the Wyoming Range and in the Kemmerer area in the Bridger-Teton National Forest. Even more, look how many confirmed sightings out of known ranges.

grizzlydistribution.jpg

I like the fact that populations are doing so well and are expanding. I feel it's time to delist the grizzly bear and allow very limited permit hunting where appropriate. The tags will be extremely limited and should be Once In A Lifetime tags.
I am with you on this. If they ever legalize grizzly hunting I plan on putting in for them.

without any hunting they are going to have to expand. It will expand anyway but maybe not as fast

Loma-Montana-59460-to-Bynum-Montana-59419-Google-Maps.jpg

That “expansion map” is VERY scanty. There are griz in the Wyoming range and have been for well over a decade. That green should probably cover the whole range as well as into the salt range no doubt. Anyone see them there?

But it's only a success if they de-list them once objectives are met. Not happening... with wolves or bears. Then they become nuisance species.
Wolves have already been delisted in the GYE, what do you mean not happening?

Pretty rare these days to go more than a couple of weeks without seeing a bad grizzly encounter in Montana. Time to hunt a few.

That “expansion map” is VERY scanty. There are griz in the Wyoming range and have been for well over a decade. That green should probably cover the whole range as well as into the salt range no doubt. Anyone see them there?
You right about map i am thinking both south and that NW corner would need to be expanded. Funny thing is some areas on map are not considered grizzly core area that are marked as green. There are no food storage requirements in some of that green area, not sure who made this map or how old, since no source is referenced that i see. I have seen several in wyoming range and salts but limited, yes if they truly establish south of 191 its gonna get ugly fast, thats all heavy cattle grazzing lands and next stop would be CO and utah...that could be best things these bears do is eat some greenies. Reguardless i am over this grizzly issue, denial seems to be some form of policy... you guys that are talking about various reintroductions( wolves, bears, anything) should learn from this, its to late for us! Dont let your state bring anything back, the science and people are not strong enough or compentent enough to beat lawyers in court, the only wildlife managers that actually matter unfortunately are federal judges.

How likely is it that the bears from the north will connect with the Yellowstone bears?

Back