Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Greetings from IL

b money

Hello, all I’ve been listing to the hunt talk podcast at work non stop for a few weeks(used to listen a few years ago) love every minute of it. I’m currently going through a divorce and trying to figure out where to go from here and how I want to spend my time and money. Guns and reloading is a huge passion of mine I’ve been Deer hunting In Illinois since I was 13(now 29) I’ve decided I’d like to get out hunting more and it is very hard to find land here. My dad and I currently drive 4hrs to deer hunt. Most land is all private with public being way to over populated. I plan on getting onxmaps here after our deer season and really try finding something local but I also want to save up and take a trip out west preferably for elk but honestly I just want to get out and experience things I love more. Looking for places to discuss and talk about hunting. Thanks all!

OK, where? I'm from Peru. And welcome aboard!
Hahaha small world. Currently my house is in Princeton but it’s in the Middle of the divorce. So I’m staying in granville where I grew up. I work in lasalle

Hahaha small world. Currently my house is in Princeton but it’s in the Middle of the divorce. So I’m staying in granville where I grew up. I work in lasalle
DAMN! I'm 4 miles away outside of Standard!

That’s great! I would have never guessed I’d run across someone so close. I’m currently sitting 1/4 mile from boggios front door. I went to PC till 5th grade then home schooled then St. Bede Class of 09

Welcome from a Hoosier settled in CO. Good folks here and lots to learn. I hunted Lake Shelbyville last year (got canceled this year) and hopefully next. Love being out west but this time a year the hardwoods in the Midwest hold a place in my heart too!!!!

Hello from German Valley. (Northern IL) I feel your pain on the places to hunt. Up here we get a lot of people from Chicago that lease farmers land for hunting. But every once and a while i find a 5 acre timber that the farmer will allow me to hunt for free. But I always start out by asking to hunt squirrels or trap for raccoons or beavers and they get excited about that. Build some trust with them for a year or 2 and then ask them about hunting. Good Luck to you B Money and sorry to here about the divorce.

That’s great! I would have never guessed I’d run across someone so close. I’m currently sitting 1/4 mile from boggios front door. I went to PC till 5th grade then home schooled then St. Bede Class of 09
Boggios like the produce? I share your pain with the money from chicago leasing up any sq ft to hunt. If it wasn't for a family farm I'd literally have nowhere to hunt around home. Welcome from northern Illinois.

Back