GPS

Whiskers

I have been thinking about purchasing a handheld GPS. I want one thats simple,(for a simpleminded man)functional, and reliable. I don't want one that has a radio built in. I just want to be able to find my way back in and out. I would like one thats rechargeable. Anyone have any advice.

Garmin E-Trex. Close the topic. You have your answer.

'Cept it isn't rechargable, but you can buy AA batteries for dirt cheap, and likely 3 or 6 would get you thru a season, unless you leave it on all the time.

BTW, there are several types of e-trex. I have the Vista and like it. Even though you don't sound interested in the background maps, I think you might want to give it a look see any way.

Here is a link to compare the e-trex models.
E-trex comparisons

I have the "Plain Jane" Etrex. The one that's only like $100. It does everything I want it too which basically is used to mark spots where I glass from, the truck and lakes that I like to fish when I'm in the mountains that there is no trails to.

Get the geko if you want just basics. The thing is a great space saver.

for about 50$ more than the basic uniy you can get the vista which has a bunch of cool features like altimider, time to location, you can use it with computer mapping software ect ect.
pay the 50 to 100 extra you will like it better.
there are also some good deals on ebay
biggrin.gif

Thanks for your help. I think I decided on the Legend. Heck it will even tell ya when to go fishing, and where. Sounds like a good mid priced unit. I cut out the picture and put it with my Christmas list.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-17-2003 15:49: Message edited by: Whiskers ]</font>

Whiskers

I got the legend and you'll be real happy with it. Great units the Garmins and even with The Legend it has more than you'll ever use. Enjoy
biggrin.gif

Happy trails

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back