Got Pussy?

Heck Casey, 300 cats in a tree you must have been doing it for 3 or 4 years huh?

I've been at it since I was nine, but we didn't hunt lion much for the first..oh..7 years or so. Just bear and bobcats. Funny thing was, in those days we may have ran into 4 or 5 lions, hunting 2-3 days a week from Dec. 1 to March 15. They were dam near non existent. Later Washington started a permit system for them and you couldn't turn around without finding a track.

Bobcats and Bears aplenty though. Its all in the race, thats for sure. I've only shot one lion outta the tree, that was the first I had a chance too. I'll only squeeze on another if its about as big as the one Raybow has in that pic. Dandy Ray.

Talked to my dad yesterday and he had just got back from getting a couple dogs out of the woods that were out for 6 days. Nasty bit of country they were in and you couldn't get a true reading on them. He'd have to walk for a couple hours in one direction just to find out it was all wrong, then go in the other. He's 62 now and doesn't go super fast, but he kept after it and finally got them out after 8 or 9 hours of walking yesterday.

Anyhow, if you ever have room for someone to ride along I'd sure like to go listen to a race some day.

Good Luck

Ernie

Yeah ray thats a nice cat. You can't get kevin to run a cat just about anymore though, all he has is bear on his mind.

Are the Blankenships in Idaho now too? Man, poor Idaho got overrun by houndsmen when Washington passed the law.

yeah Ray, I know a few older guys that get around the woods pretty good, but my dad never ceases to amaze me. He's 62, carries maybe 50 pounds extra on his belly, and still WILL get to the dogs where ever they are.

I'll be doing at that age too, if I'm alive!

CRAP.....I came in her thinking that someone was calling out DS....:D.....but you are actually cat hunting ;)

BTW....can I say CRAP

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-18-2002 19:42: Message edited by: FLIPPER ]</font>

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back