Caribou Gear

Got our Moose

Water Wapiti

My huntin bud Jerry droped this bull NE of Spokane WA. Just wanted to say thanks to all those who helped with info. None of us had a clue about Moose hunting, but I guess we figured it out. Jerry passed up shooting several smaller bulls be fore he settled for this one. We watched him bed down and made the stalk on him. Not bad for a WA bull, 39" spread and 8 points per side. Please excuse the date on the pic, forgot to set the camera up. oops

Jerry and his bull
180105116_89D21730154F3F05FB31DFE20F4B4779.jpg

280105116_EA90293F241631E70FA0C1E854939D58.jpg

Me and Jerry's bull
380105116_CB336F4A63CF7F35EA788450BB19753D.jpg

Got my Hunt Talk Hat on in this one. Do I get points for that Moosie? :D :D :D
580105116_DBBA3C0081CC7CF6CC2589669299402F.jpg

WW

We were all thinking about that. Jerry pull the trigger at 3:15 PM., we packed the whole thing out and got back to camp at 2 AM. I've packed close to twenty Elk out, mine and my huntin buds, but these Moose are REAL BIG CRITTERS. ;) :D Put a hurt'n on ya if ya know what I mean.

WW

[ 10-14-2004, 23:07: Message edited by: Water Wapiti ]

Congrats on the moose. Real nice. I usually put in for those moose hunts above Spokane as well - and perhaps someday I might actually draw one of those tags. But it's real nice to see pics of someone who actually got one of those moose. Again, congratulations.

WW, Not your Moose so not your Points, But kudos to the good trip and helping your friend out on the hunt for sure !!!!!

Thats a nice moose, Andthey are big, unfortunately even a small one is big, let alone a Big one !!

Not to be an A$$, but I want to disagree with you on the points. For a point to be a Point it has to be longer then it is wide and stick out at least 1".... the Left of the Bull's antlers look like only 6 points in the 2nd picture. Not that it makes a Chit of difference on a nice bull, But I was getting technical on ya

Tell Jerry "MOOSIE" says congratulations and he should be Dang happy !!!

Eight and six was the way I counted it too, not that I'm gettin technical ;) :D
680105116_5D7918F134EB3734A92FA1CC5DA88F79.jpg

Jerry wants to count all the bumps. It's his bull and he's happy. Like ya said, that's what really matters.

WW

[ 10-18-2004, 23:02: Message edited by: Water Wapiti ]

Nice bull for sure
hump.gif
Like the rest of the folks from Washington said,,,"One day I'll hunt on here"...And seeing that you know how,,
elkgrin.gif
to pack them out and all
elkgrin.gif
elkgrin.gif

Hunterman(Tony)

WW, Tell your buddy nice bull, like everyone else I cant wait to draw a washington moose tag, if i ever do. were you guys in the selkirk unit.

We were in GMU 124, Mt. Spokane "A". Took the Bull West of Thompson Creek, on the West side of Round Top MT. Good luck to all of you trying to pull a tag, according to last years stats 'WDFW 2003 Harvest Report' over 6,000 app’s and only ten tags. Jerry had been putting in long before F&W added the preference point thing so he had max points. A better draw might be the youth hunt, for those under 16. Its cow only, 8 tags and just over 800 applications. Might be a good way to put some Moose in the fridge and share a special hunt with one of the young ones.

I was just lucky to be able to share Jerry’s hunt with him, and luckier still to share some of his Moose. MMMMmmmmmmmm Goood. :D :D :D

WW

Congrats you guys !!!
WW about a month ago Kevin and I were up in that area and saw a bull moose that made him look like chicken soup !!! Not to say your bull is not a good one, just this guy was fuggin HUGE. And did Kevin have his camera ??? NO. I told him we should head up there just to get a pic of him.
If someone draws a tag for this particular area I would take em in there if only I could have the head for half the year..lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back