Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Got my turkey

bowhuntmontana

Went out last week on the opener to an area we have hunted and scouted regularly for the past few years. I am more of an ambush or spot and stalk turkey hunter (gasp!) vs a set up and call them in kind of guy. That's how I have killed all but a few of a couple dozen turkeys I've been able to take. We put some birds to bed in a few spots, and our group split up to different locations for the morning. I set up in the exact same spot as I did last year, settling in to wait around 5:00 AM. About 5:45, gobbles rang out in the creek bottom below me. It was a 50/50 chance whether they would pitch down to my side and come my way, but I knew if they did, I was in the right spot. Well, they did. At 6:25, this guy and about six hens came over the roll of my ridge at about 35 yards. He was gobbling and in full strut, putting on a show. He died within ten yards of last year's bird, and I never made a sound. Gotta love those spring mornings listening to the world wake up. Even better when you can get a bird.

20200504_064233.jpg

20200504_064605.jpg

Thanks all. Looking forward to some good eats. I've liked turkey schnitzel quite a bit from my last few birds. Thinking I'll try a round of nuggets this time too. Thighs and legs usually become some kind of pulled/shredded meat dish.

Nice Bird ,Congrats. I am like You Killed a bunch ,but I call em in. Except 4 years in North Dakota working the oil patch. ,I would glass em up up in the Coulees and stalk em. That was different but fun!.....................BOB!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back