Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

got fish?'s job search

got fish?

I currently work for MCI Worldcom Wireless. The company is going under and they are selling off the division I work for. I have been working here for 2 years as a Computer Operator/Network Admin. I run all the billing utilities and updates at night and since I'm the only one here I also monitor all the Novell and Microsoft servers. I do basic troubleshooting if there is a problem, then I call the "real"computers guys and they tell me how to fix it over the phone, so they don't have to come in.

Right now I'm looking for a DAY job that pays around $15/hr or more. I have been a Pipefitter for a Fire sprikler and protection co. I was a Office Manger for a dentist. I was a Assistant manager for Bargain City(furniture and appliance rental store). I did customer service over the phone for First USA Bank, Credit Card divsion.

Right now I don't even care if I stay with computers. I just need good benefits and steady income. I guess I've turned into a Jack of all trades, Master of none. If there are any opening in any of your companies or if you hear of something opening up somewhere, please shoot me an email at: 1. [email protected] or 2. [email protected]

Thanks for the concern and help.

P.S. Don't woory about us too much. My wife is sooo marketable in the accounting industry, that she'll most likely have a new job with in a month. And even though my job is coming to an end, it still have for now. And We have enough savings to last us 2 months if neither of us are working. I'd just like to get a jump on things instead of wiating around for my job to end.

The only thing I can offer right now is to get ready to take over this job. The one I preform, here on the bb...The pay sucks, but the benifits are real good, you will have to negotiate that with moosie though.... :eek::eek: He's a hard man to work for a real slave driver.... :rolleyes::rolleyes: But he seems to treat the help alright.... ;);) Just don't bend over picking up dropped items..!!!! :D

gf?, I wish I had an answer or a prospect for you, but I don't. I do however wish you and your wife the very best and hope that you find something.

Let me make some calls and see if I can shake anyhting loose. Sadly, you'll have to wait until I get through this trial.

gotfish? talk to lie guy about a cop job or something like that.. even the sherriffs dept..

Right now AZ really sucks for jobs for pretty much everyone. the housing industry is taking a hit pretty hard as well...
Idont mean to screw your day up just thought I would let you know its not just you.

I am going to go into full time fishing, I can loose less money fishing tournys than opening my shop door every morning...

Delw

I currently have ZERO certs. By the end of the summer I will have the WIN2000 Pro and WIN2000 Server certs. adn In the fall I'm going to start studying MS SQL server and maybe Oracle 9i. I'd like to get into Database Admin if I can. But lately I've been leaning towards Government work, (ie: post office, City, or county jobs) It may be the most secure option with the best benefits right now. Who knows where I'll end up, I just would like a stable Day job with good benefits.

2fastnaz, Yes, Worldcom is going belly up and they are planning on selling off all the custromers to the highest bidder. Get out while you can still choose who you want as your carrier. But you didn't hear this from me. ;)

Back