Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

One of the most enjoyable stories I have read in a long time. Congratulations on an accomplishment of a lifetime! I marvel at the vastness of the Beartooths everyday from 40 miles away.

Great story! That is interesting to read about the Preacher man on a horse you wrote of. I am friends with the people that recovered him that winter and the horse Grace that summer.

Great story @MTGomer. I enjoyed hearing a little bit of the backstory. Seems like everyone who wants to hunt sheep has wanted to from an early age.

For me it was looking through hunting magazines 2000 miles away as a kid. I may have to consider the unlimited hunts at some point, because I doubt that I’ll ever draw a Montana sheep tag.

All I can do now is go watch them on the winter range, which is still a lot of fun.

Great story @MTGomer. I enjoyed hearing a little bit of the backstory. Seems like everyone who wants to hunt sheep has wanted to from an early age.

For me it was looking through hunting magazines 2000 miles away as a kid. I may have to consider the unlimited hunts at some point, because I doubt that I’ll ever draw a Montana sheep tag.

All I can do now is go watch them on the winter range, which is still a lot of fun.
Never know I had a guy tell me he'd never draw a sheep tag and bingo..... had like 10 or 12 points at the time and he was gonna give his points up and hunt unlimited I told him to keep applying for his district......next year he killed a 190 ram.

Definitely don’t need a tag in your pocket to appreciate sheep and being in sheep country. That’s mostly what it’s about to me.
They got sheep in N.C. 😉 Haha jk can't wait for you to try it. So far you have a pretty good record

I haven’t been able to keep those older models of Schnees from leaking. They gave me the new Mission Alp that seems like a great boot and has a new liner. If it will keep water out it’ll be great

I've ran kenetreks for years but this last pair didn't make it through 2 seasons hardly. Pretty disappointing to say the least. I just bought some zamberlans so we'll see how they do. For the mountains im gonna lean more towards a Mountaineering boot...... just my 2 cents.

My brother in law turned me onto sheep feet an orthotic company.....I can't seem to purge on 250 dollar insoles though....

I don’t know if it’s out yet. I got one of the first pairs shipped to the states since it was a warranty exchange.

They’re light like la Sportiva trangos except leather.No idea if they hold water out yet

I've been running the Zamberlan boots for a little over a year. Crazy stiff and I like it. I run the boots with no insulation and there were times where I wish I would have had insulated boots on for sure. My feet did get cold if I was stopped to glass for a bit and the wind was blowing pretty good. Other than that I was good. Thinking about trying the Kenetrek soon to see how they do. I'm hell on boats that the Zamberlan are the first boots I've never felt the need to take off at the end of the day. They fit like a glove and I love wearing them.

One thing to remember about boots more than any other piece of gear. Everyone's feet are different. Do what is right for you. Don't buy what others are using thinking it might be the best gear for you. Guns, tents, stoves, ect can be good items to get advice on from other hunters but boots are really personal. Also, make sure to wear them a bunch before a hunt. Probably took me a week to break them in enough to actually take a hike with the boots. I would just wear them at work and it took longer to break them in than I thought......because they are crazy stiff!!!!!!!!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back