Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

If they’re smart they’ll pay the taxidermist to alter the form or lay the horns back so it appears legal.
I watched a taxi split an elk skull plate to add some width; why not add a little length on to a sheep horn?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. He should've cooked the horns when he was bragging about his tailgate sheep kabobs they were cooking at the point of rocks fishing access site.

Would've been better off.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. He should've cooked the horns when he was bragging about his tailgate sheep kabobs they were cooking at the point of rocks fishing access site.

Would've been better off.
No! Viking drinking horns. Skål! Valhalla!

Tall order... I think you would need a few more photos to actually make it happen. That said... not sure if we need to go to that length.

Also my 2 cents, hasn't Boddington killed enough animals, I would kinda understand some guy from MT or whatever taking the shot on his only chance at a ram, but... I mean if you have a couple hundred thousand dollars worth of sheep mounts on the wall do you really poach a OTC ram in Montana?

Altai-argali-Donna-18-1024x682.jpg
137564447_234496048128859_2651838859265183673_n.jpg
IMG_0059.jpg

or at the very least shoot a very very very very borderline ram...

Just seems like a massive risk given your celebrity.

Like... I just don't see Joe Rogan whacking a forky off of the highway median in Connecticut.
Another great point!

Just seems like a massive risk given your celebrity.

Like... I just don't see Joe Rogan whacking a forky off of the highway median in Connecticut.
Counterpoint: Lots of successful people engage in shockingly risky behavior because they have a sense of entitlement and aren't worried about consequences, which they're typically able to avoid by virtue of their success/celebrity.

See: Tiger Woods, Harvey Weinstein, Matt Lauer, (?)% of Congress.

According to the article, she wanted to hunt a bighorn, they "weren't going to buy an auction tag," and she "doesn't have time to draw" (to be fair, who does?). She had a chance on an "easy hunt" to add a Montana bighorn to the collection, and she likely wasn't going to get another one. I would also guess that they're out-of-touch with the Unlimited crowd and underestimated the degree to which people care about these hunts.

If an individual A) knew that a borderline ram from the Unlimiteds would raise a huge amount of scrutiny, B) was really concerned about his/her reputation, and C) the ram was legal, why wouldn't they take a photo that makes it look remotely legal? Either A, B, or C seems to be absent in this case, because we're being asked to simply trust whoever plugged it.

I would also guess that they're out-of-touch with the Unlimited crowd and underestimated the degree to which people care about these hunts.

Just an FYI Craig has been participating in these hunts for many years since the 80s or early 90s from what I'm told. He's been in with Atchison multiple times and may even have a UL ram himself. So he damn well knows what these hunts mean to some. I know a few that know him personally and when they run into him at sheep show. They will be voicing their opinions to him.

He has some beyond questionable endorsed outfitters listed on his site, so that makes me question his judgement.

She needed that ram for another notch towards a grand slam to brag about with other folks

Just an FYI Craig has been participating in these hunts for many years since the 80s or early 90s from what I'm told. He's been in with Atchison multiple times and may even have a UL ram himself. So he damn well knows what these hunts mean to some. I know a few that know him personally and when they run into him at sheep show. They will be voicing their opinions to him.
That's a fair point. I should've worded that more carefully: I'm sure he's aware of how unique the opportunity is and how much people care about these hunts, but I'm doubtful he's aware of how closely scrutinized all this is in the digital age, where there's a 162+ page thread with highly interested viewers awaiting any and all photos of unlimited rams as they come in. The magnifying glass of the internet is, I would think, hard to comprehend for most people his age.... at least unless you've been subject to it.

I met Boddington over 30 years ago when he was the guest speaker at a sheep banquet. He was one of the most arrogant bastards I've ever met. Imagine how far his credibility went in a room full of DIY guys in Nevada.
I think he is publicizing this ram trying to make it look like he isn't hiding it to legitimize it.

Craig has killed an unlimited ram himself; it was a good one. Obviously on a guided hunt.
Not according to his recent articles. He did hunt with Atchison, saw a nice ram but did not get a shot off in time. Maybe he is losing track of all his past stories, so take it for what it's worth.

Not according to his recent articles. He did hunt with Atchison, saw a nice ram but did not get a shot off in time. Maybe he is losing track of all his past stories, so take it for what it's worth.
Hmmmm I thought I remembered reading on his website that he killed one. The article was called something like "Tough Hunts: Die First Then Quit". [On a guided hunt :rolleyes:] The article won't pull up on his website now. Maybe he pulled it so it doesn't contradict his current article in WSF.

Back