Good Deal...

Stubaby

I ran in to a good deal. Thought I would share. Nikon is revamping their spotting scope line and are dropping the regular "ED Fieldscope" line. Right now, Cabelas is selling the 60mm ED III for $499. That's with the 20-60x eyepiece. It retails for $1100-1499 depending on what's around. I have their little ED50 and love that little guy. I have been watching the price on the 82mm and it is still full price. The 60mm is not on their website but if they have any in stock, that's the price.

I took the 60 out and was very impressed. So much that 2 friends sold their Vortex Viper HD spotters and got this Nikon as well. I'm not saying its a Swaro but it spanked the Vortex Viper HD 65 and I would put it up against the Razor spotter any day. For $499 its a steal.

One day I will have Swaro, but through searching the web and using some coupons I now have my optics arsenal complete. All for less than $2k for binos and 2 spotters. I picked up some Cabelas Euro HD binos now that Cabelas is offering their "Legendary Warranty" on them. They are bulky and a little heavy but I was out with friends who have Nikon Monarchs and Vortex Viper HDs and it was not even close. Another friend has a pair of Razor HD binos and those and these Euros were neck and neck at low light.

Attachments

• lander work3.JPG
    lander work3.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 801
Looks like you need to sell me that ED50 now, sure don't need two scopes.

Any idea if they're planning on phasing it out also? I really want one at some point.

which store did you find the scope at? I called the two in SD and they couldn't find an ed 111. that is a good deal if a person could find one. Thanks for any info.

I think the whole line is being dropped. They (nikon) are only going to have the EDG line and the Prostaff from here on out. I had the store in Billings bring mine in from back east using the store-to-store option.

I love that 50mm. If you get one, splurge on the 13-40x eyepiece. Its way better than the 13-30x that comes with the 50mm in the stock form. It has a twist our eyecup instead of the fold-over version.

I can't find this thing anywhere. I want to buy one asap, I just called Billings and Boise and the "Nikon EDIII" is not even in their catalog supposedly.

hhttp://www.spottingscopes.com/?source=googleaw&kwid=spotting%20scopes&tid=Exact&gclid=CO6Gtor12rcCFWZo7Aod7BEAsw

try checking this out, they are $631 which is about the best I can find

Well I got lucky and found one of the Nikon ed 3 scopes thru a cabelas out in west Virginia for $499. This was the only one at this store, but if a person did some store checks thru customer service I bet you could find some more.

Wow!! That was a smoking deal. These Nikon 60 mm ED III scopes are really, really good. And I thought I got a great deal when I bought mine for $749 two months ago from Adorama; which was the lowest price I had seen. I bought the straight for that price and they still wanted $999 for the angled model.

I just saw this thread yesterday and contacted Cabelas national CS and they only found (1) available in the whole system at one store. They put me through to the optics dept of that store and found out they were out- the (1) showing ended up being an inventory glitch. At the $499 price, I was going to buy one for either one of my Son in laws to use or even as a back up if I decide to get a 50mm ED or 82 mm later. That way, I could have sold off one of the 60mm bodies, or even the zoom lens, which are all interchangeable. Heck- the zoom lens on these are over I believe $300 retail.

Last edited:
Is anyone looking for one of these scopes? I ordered a straight and an angled one to see which I prefer because I couldn't find either in town. I have to pay return shipping on the one I don't choose and I got them both for a pretty fair price. I will probably keep the angled so if someone would like the straight (it is cheaper also) let me know. Or I can post in the classifieds when I decide for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back