good day calling

cmiddleton

went coyote calling yesterday i made 5 sets and saw 4 coyotes.
i got 2 one stayed way out of range and one was almost out.
I tried him anyhow at close to 500 yards i hit right at its feet. the first one was at least 700 yards sitting on a knob howling at me
the first one i killed was at 180 yards and the second was around 200.
the temp got hot and they stopped answering my howls so i started looking for shed antlers
i found 16 sheds a few are real nice bucks i'll try to post pictures later today when i take some here in the yard
i found one brown shed then saw the buck it fell off of a hundred yards from the shed he was still carrieing the other side. :D

i cant seem to get the pics on to photo buckit or hunt 101. my computer crashed and i just got it back up now i'm having to reload everything so maybe i'll find the problem

sounds freaking great dude,I need to get out there calling.Have you tried this? In-stead of shooting 500 yards and educating them dogs like the one you did,I've done this and been successful.Once that dog holds up and sits he's surveying because the situation is not right.If there's cover there then this will help.And granted you do not shoot next time this happens and you leave quietly after the dog is gone.The next day or next week go back and tie a white piece of survey tape up where you where sitting low to the ground and under that bush or tree you sat under,this will hopefully move a little in the wind and it will look like a rabbit.Now you set up 50-100 yards from that first stand.Either that dog knows that bush did not look right when you where calling and next time he'll come to the same place and sit down again.But you wont be there.Get it? Oh! yeah this has worked before for me and I hope it does for you,besides them educated dogs are harder to coax in next time if ever,and you might want to use a different brand call or voice also when trying this set-up.Good Luck.

i had already shot its mate so i was sure she wasn't coming but we had a good howling match i know i shouldnt have shot at her but it was fun trying
i have spent many years calling and your sugestion is good and that would be a good decoy and really lite to carry.
after 26 yrs of calling i'm always like any new ideas and i dont carry my other decoys a lot due to having to carry them i have a weasel ball i use some times because it fits in my pockit the ribbon would be even easyer.
i also have a bundle of turkey feathers that works the same but a white color would be easyer to spot for the coyote.
i have used feather flex turkey and rabbits,3-d deer and montana elk decoys
and two stuffed kids toys a rabbit and a red fox they all work but some times you are afoot and we need easy, lite ,simple tricks to have our brand of fun.
turkey feathers are deadly on bobcats coyotes dont allways pick them up but every cat i tried them on did. hump

Yotes AND sheds ? Can't complain on the outings like that .....

Congrats and get with the pics man :p

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back