Good Books???

Cuban

I was wondering if you guys could recommend any good hound hunting books on lion or bear. I just finished one called " The Longwalkers" and I thought it was great. It seems that there are not may books on this subject. Thanks CUBAN

Heya Cuban,

You are right, there are not too many books on the subject. The ones I know of are "Meet Mr. Grizzley" by Montegue Stevens, "When the dogs bark treed" by Elliot S. Barker, and Ben Lilly's books, not sure of the titles. I really enjoy Barkers books, he is from northern NM and quite a man. This is a good topic, I'd like to hear of some other good books too.

------------------
"The worst advice you can give a person with a sour attitude is to be himself"
[email protected]

You might try a book called "Call of the Hounds". It is written by a real well known houndsman named Del Cameron. I personally haven't read it, but I've heard great things about it. I am going to get it as soon as I get a minute> You can order it or find out more about it by looking it up on the web at www.callofthehounds.com it also tells a little about Del and his hounds.

I like " When the the dogs bark tree" by Elliot Barker, Also "Life of the greatest Guide" by Robert McCurdy, this is a book about the Lee Brothers and their lion and Jaguar hunts. Also "The Lionhounds" by Obe Cory, "Slash Ranch Hounds" by Dub Evans is very good! Another is "Stories of Old Traveler" by B. S. Jones, " The History of American Lion Hunting" by Wiley Carrol. Another real good one is, "Brave, and other stories", by Steve Mathis. I have them all and have read many others, but I like these. KW

Someone else metioned it up above .Meet Mr grizzly is an excellent book and covers quite a few aspects of hounds.

------------------
If there isn't any dogs in heaven .....IAINT GOIN

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back