Gonna kill something -

Calif. Hunter

I'm finally going to get out and break in the new CZ .223. (If I can get the lousy Millett rings to work!) I've got my Weaver scope mounted, though the rings don't grab a lot of the dovetails. I think the gun store owner gave the CZ rings away with a Lux model, which doesn't come with rings, and then put the Milletts in the box later. :mad: Since it does some with rings standard, I didn't think to check them.

Oh well - no matter what, some ground squirrels are gonna be buzzard bait by this time tomorrow, even if I shoot them with my heavy-barreled Savage! I can't wait to see what those 40 grain V-Maxs and Ballistic Tips do to them!

I'll try to get some wild boar pictures, too, just to get the pig hunters' blood going for two weeks from now! ;)

Have a good time Cali...

I was thinking of popping some yotes this weekend but they closed almost 90% of the state due to fireproblems tuesday....

Delw

Hey Del!!!
I suppose that's good new's to some of us...

Well, a couple dozen ground squirrels and a few jackrabbits later, the new CZ .223 was broken in. It seemed to like the same loads as the Savage, so that made it easy, although one load that was okay in the Savage looked a litttle hot (slight primer cratering) in the CZ. No hard extraction or anything , though. The 40 gr Ballistic Tip and 40 gr V-Max shoot to the same point of impact with the same powder charge, so that's good to know. So far, it's a real toss-up as to which load shoots the best, too. The 50 gr Speer TNT HP, 40 gr Nosler Ballsitic Tip and 40 gr Hornady V-Max each shot into a little group about 5/8 inch. :D The test target that came with the gun showed a litle bigger group, so I was sure that a little fine-tuning would pay off.

Rick...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> The 50 gr Speer TNT HP, 40 gr Nosler Ballsitic Tip and 40 gr Hornady V-Max each shot into a little group about 5/8 inch <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.... I killed some CHIT !!!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe thats all I heard.. Kudos on the shooting !!! ALL I shot this weekend was my mouth off ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back