PEAX Equipment

GOBBLE GOBBLE...

Ok, Here’s the boring story…. Was working on getting one with my bow. Took a couple trys at them but never made it. Yesterday was my last day so I brought out the shotgun. I was ALSO going solo. Wylee went the other times but didn’t make it up this time. He shot his opening day and went back all the other times to be my camera guy.

I worked up to a spot I knew they’d cross. I set up around 6ish and saw birds walking in while I was too. I sat down and Had birds all around me within 15 mins…. I realized I left the call at the truck. YAH, I was o wanting the Camcorder that I forgot a lot of stuff … I should have packed a backpack because Coming out I lost some stuff and Didn’t realize it till I was part way down the road.

Turkeys crossed in front of me several times but I wanted to wait. I never seen any Toms but figured I’d still wait and see. I filmed Turkeys passing by in the distance then back again. I was on a Closed logging road with a 6’ berm on the left of me and me looking up the road. Around a bend that was 10’ in front of me. The right side of the road was a hill going down hill.

Some birds split off and crossed the road in front of me and up the road a ways…. and got right on the berm behind me. I could hear them talking and sometimes they were within 10 yards. They didn’t know I was there because Of the berm, but I couldn’t film them because of that either. KIND of sucked.

It was about 7:00 – 7:10 when the first bird flew overhead and landed in a tree. Still an hour before dark but I figured it was time…

I won’t say how many times I shot *SMILE* I might should have taken one while it was Crossing real close but I didn't but I have a bird and that’s the bottom line I guess….

I had to head down hill (a little ways.. or even a far ways ;)) to get the bird and then climb back up the hill to get my camcorder and blind and stuff…. I was Sweating like a stuck hog by the time it was all said and done…

I wish My camera man was there, Adjusting a camcorder, moving it and Shooting a shotgun isn’t all that easy. Even with a tripod. Next year We’ll do it again and We’ll both be in place. So the footage/pictures will be better.

Anyways.. Heres some pics, they came out a little dark, Turn me in to F&G if ya want *SMILE* but it was all ligit !!! Birds at the Smokers getting smoked and my 2nd Turkey for the year is got !!!!

NOW it’s off for a Idaho ELK/DEER then A Montana Elk/deer… THEN My years complete.. (Except for Geese and Ducks….)

100.jpg

200.jpg

300.jpg

I met Wylee on the way out and him and Breezy were heading up for their Cow Elk hunt today.... hopefully they scored. I saw Cow elk while aI was sitting hunting Turkey. So I know they are there. Just a matter of finding them again

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacolleen
Back