Glassitup Digiscope Anyone use one?

N

ntodwild

Looking for a digiscope setup. I own an iPhone XR which is a larger phone (bigger than a 7 or 8). I did some poking around and the two products I came up with are the Phone SKope and the Glassitup Digiscope.

I know Phone Skope has a good reputation for a quality product and am willing to pay for what you get but after looking at the Glassitup digiscope I kind of like the simplicity and it looks rather bomb proof. I just don't know anyone who has used one...... Pros/Cons

I like the fact that you can just attache the Glassitup to a hard plastic phone case and just switch your phone to that case (keep it in with your scope) when you need to use it. I like the fact that once you mount it and have it set initially you never have to futs with it again, just slap the phone in it and you're off to the races. It's simple and that is what I like about it.The big question is "Does it actually work".

Does it secure properly to bino's without slipping?

Does it secure to a spotter without slipping?

If anyone has any experience with this "Glassitup" digiscope it would be nice to hear from you. It would be nice to hear from anyone who especially has experience with both the Glassitup and the Phone Skope.

Anyone??????

I have one and it works fine. It isn't quite as good as the Phone Skope, but plenty good for the price and you can use it with just about any phone and any scope. I never tried it with binos.

I have a phone skope for my life proof case it’s sweet I phone 8 so similar size phone one on my scope it doesn’t slide off. I have a Bluetooth shutter with it as well works awesome don’t have to touch the phone when talking pics.

I have one and it works fine. It isn't quite as good as the Phone Skope, but plenty good for the price and you can use it with just about any phone and any scope. I never tried it with binos.

So tell me a little about the bands. Are they something you just leave on the eyepiece of your scope? Do they get in the way when not using the digiscope? Any issues with longevity?

I had a phone scope for a year or so I really liked it. Then my phone broke and I upgraded it, that meant $50 new case from phone scope (if they support the newest phones). A few months latter I upgraded my scope $30 to $40 for a new adapter. My phones seem to only last 2 or 3 years. That means that every 3 years I would need buy a new case. Also most rugged phone cases need to be taken off for the phone scope case to be put on. I found a new digi scoping adapter made by novagrade that that can adjust to most phones and a wide range of eyepieces. I bought it after hunting season and have not had a tone of time with it in the field but seems to be a good upgrade for me that will last longer than the phone scope.

I had a phone scope for a year or so I really liked it. Then my phone broke and I upgraded it, that meant $50 new case from phone scope (if they support the newest phones). A few months latter I upgraded my scope $30 to $40 for a new adapter. My phones seem to only last 2 or 3 years. That means that every 3 years I would need buy a new case.

This is something a friend of mine who owns the Phone Skope pointed out to me which is a really good point (he's purchase for two different phones already). Phones don't last forever and every time you change you also need to purchase a new Phone Skope adapter/mount.

The Novagrade looks like a solid unit (a little bulky). Any idea how much it weighs in at?

Price point is a bit high but I see that it's all machined and "should" last forever. looks like a solid performer.

The Glassitup system has many of the same benefits of the novagrade IF the band system is reliable and the system presses on reliably???? I am hoping to find others on the forum who own the Glassitup system. Not much on the internet other than it's site and a few you tube videos (not really reviews from individual customer of any kind). Maybe a reason for that?????

So tell me a little about the bands. Are they something you just leave on the eyepiece of your scope? Do they get in the way when not using the digiscope? Any issues with longevity?
The bands seem to work as designed. They keep the attachment secured snug, but I found there was still some fiddling you had to do to get good alignment. The bands are quite durable. If they extended down past your eyepiece they can interfere with your desired eyecup position.

GLASSITUP PURCHASED AND REVIEWED!

I went ahead and picked up a 'Glassitup" digiscope and a cheap hard plastic case for my iPhone 10R ("Bogo" kit $35.95 that came with two sizes of eyepiece adapters of my choice, bands, 3m sticky strips, carry bag and instructions). If you purchase a single eyepiece the price is only $29.95. I had a cheaper digiscope I purchased from Amazon for about $16 and had been using that for a year (worked but what a pain in the a-s. WOW! As expected the Glassitup digiscope is absolutely what I was hoping for.

My buddy who owns a phone skope came over today and we did some comparison. Without a doubt the Glassitup gets my vote & my buddy's vote hands down for a few reasons. He has already shelled out $190.00 (purchased items on sale over the years) for his phone scope as he has replaced his phone twice now.

Here is our unofficial review and opinion:

1) Price! Absolutely a no brainer on this one. Phone Skope is priced 3-4 times as much as a Glassitup and even more as phones get upgraded with new adapter case required at $50ish each. The Glassitup just requires the purchase of a new cheap ($6.99 hard plastic phone case) if you change your phone.

2) After using both the phone Skope and the Glassitup, both are just as reliable to use. I was concerned about how the Glassitup would handle a larger phone like an iPhone 10R that is a bit heavy (not a wiggle or worry about it being secure on the scope). Glassitup gets the nod unless you just want to spend the 4x the money for a very very very similar use product. Surely not worth 3 times the $$$ in my eyes. My humble .02

3) Glassitup gets the nod for ease of use as there is no adapter ring to attach OR misplace!) Mounting the Glassitup is easier and faster (just press it onto the eyepiece). Once the bands are placed on the eyepiece for the initial fit you never mess with them or remove them again, at least I see no reason to remove them. The Phone Skope requires mounting the ring to the scope every time you use it (not a big deal but it is an extra step).

4) The Phone Skope gets the nod in the sexy department as it is much more likely to get the ooooh factor from outdoorsman in both packaging and looks. It does look cool! 3-4 x $$$ cool. I suppose this would be the question you need to ask yourself???

5) Phone Skope also gets the nod for customer service even though I have never contacted them for anything???? Ok let me explain: After emailing Glassitup twice in one week with no answer (still have not had my email answered) I ended up having to do my own homework, finding the correct size eyepiece for my Athlon Ares scope (which is not on their list of scopes). My ordered item didn't ship for a week and I never got a confirmation that my order was being processed aside from my initial receipt for the sale (I was in limbo just hoping it would ship) until it eventually shipped a week later (it did arrive two days later). Maybe I am just being a picky SOB??? Suppose I could have called??? In their defense this may have been a one time occurrence??? Im just a customer service guy so it's important to me but I wouldn't discourage anyone from ordering the Glassitup so I suppose I am just blathering on here.

6) Marketing and information about the two items: The Phone Skope gets the nod for sure. Aside from the Glassitup web site, a few forum posts here and there and one or two videos from the vendor on youtube there is not much out there about the Glassitup system. This may be one of the major factors in price. Glassitup seems to be a "direct to consumer" business model and the Phone Skope is a "mass market big box" business model which surely jacks the price of the item way up.

Hope this helps someone going forward

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the review. I created the Glassitup system and had a ball bringing it to market. I sold it to an enthusiastic pair of outdoorsmen a few years ago. After that, its gone pretty dark. Not much promotion or marketing going on.

Back