Ginger's Last Run

Elkhunter

yoteler I feel your pain too. I lost my best friend in December to cancer. Ginger would like what you wrote above.

Forever in our Hearts

If you've ever known the joyful sound
Of barks that fill the air-
A sloppy kiss, a friendly paw,
A quiet adoring stare-
If you've ever had a special friend
To share a tear or two,
Or maybe just a wagging tail
To lift you when you're blue-
If you've ever felt the wrenching pain
That only death can send,
Then you have lost
Not just a dog-
You've truly lost a friend.
But God is good and treasures love
And there at Heaven's gate-
A sloppy kiss, a joyful bark-
Your precious friend awaits

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was a great morning the sun was out, it was about 25 degrees, all the hounds were at the end of there chains standing on there hind legs waiting to go hunting, As I loaded the last hound ( ginger ) my sweetheart of a trigghound she would always insisted of giving me my morning kisses. After about minute of here loving she kenneled and we were off. Being the snow is gone I and another hunting friend free cast the hounds to see what they would pick up. They ran for about 15 min before jumping their first yote, little did I know, it would be gingers last. The race was great we stood at the edge of the field as the yote broke out of this small section of woods. Not 30 yards behind here she come, my ginger, just hammering this yote, and a few feet behind her was the rest of the hounds (Breeze, Satin, Babe). As they headed across the field we got back to our trucks and headed around to cut the hounds off, well they never got that far the yote cut back and dragged the hounds with them. This went on for 6 hours until the yote got into some rocks were the dogs could not get at him. The day was starting to get late so we loaded up the hounds and once again like clockwork ginger had to give me the kisses she thought I needed. We got home unloaded the dogs, got them fed and watered. The next morning I went out to get the dogs ready, but something was wrong ginger was not waiting for me like always. As I began to get that sick feeling in my stomach I ran to here kennel. There laying as peaceful as I had ever seen here was my ginger. Some were through the night she had died. As the tears from my crying fell off my chin I gentle took here out of her kennel and carried her to the back the truck were I removed her collar, and stroked her head. I drove 2 miles to a friends were he was waiting to help me bury her. I guess the biggest thing I miss, is the little things that she did the way she would jump on top of her dog box not wanting to get into at the end of the day, and my favorite was my kisses she had for me. Ginger you are truly missed. I found this poem that I dedicate to ginger and anyone else who has lost a hound. Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Yoteler - my thoughts are with you and your family. Ginger's eating steaks and hunting all day long now.....a great dog, I'm sure she was.

I had my wife's 14 yr old cocker/terrier mix put down on Saturday. My wife's a wreck, and it affected me far more than I thought it would.
Maybe Ginger is teaching Browzee how to hunt, as we speak.

muskrat89
thanks for the reply, sorry to hear about Browzee 14 years is a long time. I am sure they are running together, knowing ginger she probably bugging the big man upstairs for a beer as well. LOL

Yoteler, I sympathize with you. I had to have my 14 year old beagle put down on the 5th of February. He was my best friend. Broke my heart, the Rainbow Bridge was sent to me by someone from this board.

You guys make me cry. I'm sorry for your losses. My boy Jake is my best bud and makes me feel like without me there would be no reason for him. When I go to bed at night he jumps up and plops himself half on me and somehow slides down onto the bed to be just as close as he could be to me. Then he takes a great big deep breath and lets it out like a sigh. When he does that I know he's happy and feels content as if there is no other place he'd rather be. At that time I usually make the same deep sigh and fall asleep myself knowing that he will be there when I wake and will let no harm come my way while I sleep. He's my silent compainion who loves unconditionally. All he expect in return is a scratch under the chin, a full belly and all the love I can give him.

I really feel your pain "Y". I lost our dog a little over a year ago, we don't have kids so the pets get pretty spoiled. Sorry this took so long, I just saw it....I am really sorry for your loss...
and by the way Welcome to hunttalk Girl with a Gun....This is a pretty heavy thread to weigh in on and I am glad you did it on your first post...

Thanks agian everyone for the replies, and welcome Girl w a Gun to the forum. Girl w a Gun I know right where U R coming for when U talk about he jumps up and plops himself half on me, that is to funny. I have a 1 1/2 old choc. lab that is 82lbs. of muscle he likes to lay acroos my legs as HE SLEEPS. Thanks again everyone

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back