Caribou Gear

Getting new binos. 10x42 or 10x50?

Jeremyc_1999

I currently own Leupold BX-3 Mojave 10x50 binos. I'm looking to upgrade to Leupold BX-5 Santiums and am wondering if the extra weight is worth the larger objective. Let me know your thoughts. I'll be hunting in Montana and these will be my do all binos from Archery elk to eastern montana deer and antelope to coyotes. They'll be in my Alaska Guide Chest harness for their life and on me anytime I'm hunting.

I currently own Leupold BX-3 Mojave 10x50 binos. I'm looking to upgrade to Leupold BX-5 Santiums and am wondering if the extra weight is worth the larger objective. Let me know your thoughts. I'll be hunting in Montana and these will be my do all binos from Archery elk to eastern montana deer and antelope to coyotes. They'll be in my Alaska Guide Chest harness for their life and on me anytime I'm hunting.

If your doing high country hunting the weight may not be worth it... for what it sounds like your doing I don't think it will be an issue.

If your doing high country hunting the weight may not be worth it... for what it sounds like your doing I don't think it will be an issue.
I do both. I spend a lot of time in the mountains hunting elk. I’m not very good at it which means I hike a lot

I do both. I spend a lot of time in the mountains hunting elk. I’m not very good at it which means I hike a lot

I should rephrase: If you often regret leaving the handle on your tooth brush or leaving your multi tool in your pocket, 10x50s aren't for you...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back