geovid 10x42

7x7

leica geovid 10x42

I'm brand new to this hunt talk program so be patient. Have any of you looked at the new Leica Geovid binocular? This is the one with the range finder built in.

I haven't seen the latest Leicas, but I've had my Leica 8 x 42s for 5 years and have never regretted buying them for a second...

The only thing I would do differently if I were buying them today is that I'd buy 10s rather than 8s...I think the high quaility optics allow you take better advantage of the higher power while minimizing the disadvantages, like being somewhat harder to steady...

I appreciate your input. These Geovid are new on the market not alot of people have seen them. When stores get them they seem to jump right off the shelf.

Thanks

I have recently been doing property surveys for a land developer in California and have used the 10x42 BRF for roughing out initial surveys of the acreage. The distance readings have been amazingly accurrate. I have not had the opportunity to use them in a hunting situation yet, but I definitely will this fall. I specifically like their size and the armouring. A little bit pricey, but the son that says he gets all my "good things" when I die, drools uncontrollably everytime he picks them up. An excellent tool.

Got mine this week...

...Ive been lurking on this board for awhile, never posted though. I use it for gear reviews quite a bit, so I thought I'd put in my .02

I got the 10x42 Geovids in yards. I looked at darn near everything out there, been studying this for a long, long time. I would say the glass is at least as good, maybe marginally better than the Swarovski 10x42s I've used. They are both so good it is hard to discern any difference however. They are noticably better than the Zeiss and Steiners I've used and owned. The rangefinder seems to work great, doesn't seem to have a problem getting readings against any background. I was ever shooting it against a grassy, snow covered slope at just under 1000 yards this morning and it worked fine. They are alot of money, but they should last a lifetime. Having both in one package (and only weighing an ounce more than the 10x42s w/o the LRF) is invaluable, particularly if you do any backpack hunting.

What is the warranty on them? I thought Lieca only covered electronics for two years... but I'm only basing this off the card that came with my range finder.

I had the same question. I called Leica and was told it was a 2 year warranty. Being that i decided not to spend that much money on a 2 year warranty. I will just have to pack bino's and rangefinder. They are really nice and a great idea just could not justify that much money with that warranty.

My brother had issues with Leica on his LRF 800 rangefinder a while ago. They basically said that they would fix what was wrong, upgrade to the 900 scan, and do it for another $250. He has been pleased with the rangefinder but warranty sucks on optics you pay premiums for.

About half of my hunting buddies have bought these the last year. I think they are great but a little pricey. They have a different phase coating on them then the Swarovskis. The Leica are a little darker at twilight, clear, but not as bright. I'd say you get a few more minutes out of the Swarovski but they are close.

I bought a pair and am displeased with the optics. I sent them back to Leica just yesterday to have them replace them with a quality pair. I had noticed that the outer 15% FOV is never in focus with the center of the FOV. Compared to a pair of Swaro's a buddy had the geovids were junk. I sent them back with a letter of my concern and hope to get a pair that is worth the money. I will update this post when i find out how this turns out.

got a brand new pair sent to me. Still think the edges are poor and out of focus. Do not compare to a pair of swaro binos, and are more in line with a 500$ pair. it comes down to having the rangefinder built in, is it worth it? yes... until swaro comes out with the same :)

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back