Garmin 450T or 550T

Kevin W

Hello Everyone, I have a Wyoming Hunting gps map chip and going to buy a new gps to use it in during our October Wyoming Antelope hunt. I have narrowed down the gps's to the 450t and 550t. I have read that the only difference between the two is the 550t has a 3.2mp camera and I have also read that with the 550t you can take a picture to mark a way point. I have found both units on the net for about 230.00 and 280.00 new. I am leaning towards the 550t, any thoughts on which one to get? Ease of use is my first priority as this will be my first gps unit. Thanks in advance, Kevin.

Well I checked Cabelas dot com and found the Garmin 550T on sale at 259.99 I used my 20.00 off purchases above 150.00 rebate and got the unit for 239.99 with free shipping. Can't wait for the unit to arrive. Follow up question to the above, is the DVD tutorial for 15.00 really worth it? I didn't get it but the sales lady gave it a high recommendation. Anyone seen the DVD? If so is it worth it? Thanks in advance, Kevin.

Just got the 550 no t, I dont see the use for the T if you are going to get the Hunting GPS map chips. Due to the fact that the T does not have a very detailed topo. I would go with saving the money which is what I did and purchasing the map for the states you will hunt. Especially with the ability to see private land, land owners, access area roads and trails etc.

Good luck and they are having a great deal on Cabelas as KevinW said.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back