FS- Semi-Custom Weatherby Vangard 300 Weatherby MPI Leupold

efw

FS- Semi-Custom Weatherby Vangard VGL 300 Weatherby MPI stock Leupold scope

I bought this as a 7RM a couple years ago and had a brand new take-off barrel installed with headspace checked. I Marine-Tex bedded it into an MPI ($600-ish brand new) stock that is black with multi-colored webbing. The stock has an excellent decelerator on it which works extremely well at reducing recoil. The Leupold VX2 3-9x40mm plex reticle scope is mounted in medium-height Burris Signature rings with Leupold dual dovetail bases. When I bedded it I applied multiple coats of turtle wax to protect the barreled action from moisture.

I didn't have to do a ton of load work-up. Using Hornady brass (50 pieces included) I loaded 168 TTSXs just short enough to work in the mag box and stoked up with IMR-7828SSC sparked by Fed LR Mag primers and had fantastic results right off the bat (three in corner are this rifle at 100 yds; other two are from a different rifle):

Package deal includes:

MPI-stocked rifle; barrel has fewer than 150 rounds, action has an excellent trigger, cartridges feed as if it was a .300 Weatherby from the factory

Leupold VX2 3-9x 40mm Plex w/ Leupold flip-up covers mounted in Burris Sig DD rings & Leupold bases

50 brand new Hornady cases (most once-fired in this rifle; maybe 10 unfired)

40 Weatherby cases (most 1x some are still 180 gr factory loads)

RCBS 2-die set & Lee Collet Neck Sizer Set

This is an excellent rifle that I've really tried to love, but I have a couple projects I'd like to finish and just can't see what I need a rifle chambered to this cartridge for.

It killed the heck out of what was then my best buck ever in South Dakota, but it wasn't a shot I couldn't have just as easily made with just about any rifle in my cabinet.

$700 shipped continental US to your FFL who accepts rifles from an individual

First I'll take it here wins. This rifle is up for sale elsewhere.

Thanks for looking,

Efw

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back