Frustrating!!!!!

snite66

I had the immpossible happen to me today. I went out this morning to get some bow hunting in.(DEER) About 15 min. before daylight I hear a turkey gobble 40 Yds from my tree :eek: . The heart starts pounding and I start getting real excited,( I am allowed to take two turkeys with my bow during the deer season) well about 20 min. after daylight I see a tom pitch out then 18 more right after him. Darn things pitched out to my left out of range. They would start my way then go the other way, after about an hour of this they just disapeared. So, it was back to looking for whitetails. 2 1/2 hours later and no deer I decide to stand up and streach. As I looked to my left I saw a very strange sight, all of those turkeys were back on a different hill, but they were all jumping and running around and flapping thier wings.( Ihave no idea what they were doing, I have never seen turkeys do this before) Well anyway, I decide to see what they are going to do, and you guessed it, they come my way. I waited untill the biggest bird is in my shooting lane at about 20 yds. come to full draw and let fly----- and MISS!!!
The bird had no idea what just happened and I guess he thought a limb fell out of the tree so he turned around and went about five steps and stopped. He was still in my shooting lane so I nocked anouther arrow came to full draw and let fly again------and MISSED AGAIN!!!!!

Well, this time they all moved out beond bow range and I was left standing there with my mouth hanging open, unable to believe that I had two shots at the same turkey, then blew both of them.

Obviously I was blaming the bow so as soon as I got back I crawled up on the barn ( I like to practice from an elevated position because 99% of my shooting is done from a tree stand) and shot eight arrows at a 30 yd. target. I put all eight inside a 3'' circle. OK now I can't blame the bow , so I am going to blame target panic. The arrows didn't hit anything on the way down because my shooting lanes are very clear.

Guess I am going to wear out anouther target now till I get my confedence back.
Thought y'all might like to hear about my bad day.
Thanks fer listining

steve,
that really sucks, don't lower your head though. those kind of things happen. just keep practicing, maybe try one of those turkey targets. that might help.

Chris

Naw, my head ain't down Smitty. I just need to whack and stack a couple get me back on track. I am sure I'll be huntin a litle harder now than I have been.

snite66,
Well I have confidence you are gonna get one for Thanksgiving
So you can tell us how it is the day after Thanksgiving
Don't give up, I know it was fustrating ;)

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07 November 2001 22:52: Message edited by: Left Behind ]</font>

Snite66,I feel your pain LOL
But at least you got to shoot those arrows ,I on the other hand was so shook up my first two just fell on the ground LOL
Good luck ,sounds like you got to see some pretty cool stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HUNT7503
Back