From the hollers of Kentucky

WestKyHunt

Hi all,
After growing up with an unquenchable thirst for adventure, the west, and big game hunting. I have finally decided it is time to start working towards that goal.
I've grown up here in the far western reaches of Kentucky; learning at a young age to hunt and fish. From early squirrel and deer hunts with my dad, turkey hunting with my uncle, to family fishing trips on our many lakes and rivers, I have always been outside enjoying the outdoors any time I can.
At the age of 17 I joined the Kentucky Army National guard as a MP and just finished my service. Now that my contract is up I can start actively working towards getting out west and hunting, and perhaps even move eventually.
I also have a relatively newfound love for waterfowling, which I also would love to hunt out west.
From my experience with duck hunting forums I know there is much to learn on here and am excited to do so!
20200113_112945.jpg20151120_062855.jpg20190708_203653.jpg

Thank you for your service, and enjoy every minute in the outdoors, you deserve it!
I remember after I finished my 4 yr. enlistment I had an insatiable appetite to get back out there and I absorbed every minute spent in the woods.

Cool. I was born in Paducah, but lived in Mayfield and Lowes in my early, early years. Just got back from visiting family stretched all over between Fancy Farm and Draffenville. More ag fields than hollers in those parts, but some big deer and great fishing. When my cousin and I were little my granddad would take us on weekend camping trips to the river for trot lining and jug fishing. In my mind, that's about as Western Kentucky as it gets.
Again, welcome aboard. Lots of good folks and info here.

Back