Freezer Alarms

31tW00WGYgL._AC_SR160,160_.jpg
Thanks for posting, I had a near accident with my stand up freezer a couple days ago. The door was barely cracked and it didn't melt but accumulated an absolute pile of frost build up. I might need an ice axe to get some packages out. I just bought a two sensor system from Amazon for appr. $25. There's a bunch to choose from and I just picked this one with high feedback score.
I had this issue a while back. One time my wife didn't shut it completely, the second time we believe meat shifted and cracked the door open. Either way I installed these door locks from amazon. We leave the key in but keep it at the top so kids can't open, but this has been a life saver for us and haven't had an issue since.

This might be a good thread to bring back now that peoples freezers are hopefully filling up. I bought this power failure alarm and tested it and it seemed to work. It is really loud so if we were out of town I'm sure my neighbors would hear it to. My issue has been the circuit my freezer is on has been tripped from the upstairs bathroom and I really never had a good way to know. This should do the trick for now and alert me as soon as it is tripped, not just when a temperature falls below a certain threshold after the fact.

I somehow missed this the first time round, thanks for bringing it back up, didn't even know these existed. Will definitely be getting.

I need to get one of these. I accidentally covered the vent with a board so it couldn't shed the heat to cool. A lot of the meat thawed, which I had to refreeze.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back