Franchi Momentum 300 Win Mag

I currently use a 40+ year old Husqvarna .270 for elk hunting and I'm looking to upgrade.
Has anyone had any experience with the Fanchi Momentum 300 Win Mag.
The reviews are pretty good and the price is in my range.
I handled one and the local gun store and so far I really like.
If anyone has advice on a similair firearm in the $500-$700 range I'm all ears. Thanks for any input.

I have two Franchi shotguns - one semi-auto, one O/U - and couldn’t be more happy with them. Really like the way they shoulder perfectly for me from the first time I picked one up. I don’t have any experience with their rifles though. I have a Tikka T3x 300WSM rifle. They run about $100 more than your range, but worth looking at if you want to compare other options.

I was eyeballing one of those a while back, but got a Bergara instead. I’m still itching for one. From everything I’ve read they are good rifles and made, if I’m not mistaken, by Benelli. USOG on YouTube has a review on the Momentum I believe.

I was eyeballing one of those a while back, but got a Bergara instead. I’m still itching for one. From everything I’ve read they are good rifles and made, if I’m not mistaken, by Benelli. USOG on YouTube has a review on the Momentum I believe.
Yep same company as Benelli. I have a Benelli shotgun that I really like. I guess I will have to wait for the weekend my wife is at her sisters and head to the store.

I held one a guy had at the range in .270. It felt good in the hands. Personally, I went with the Bergara B14 Hunter in 300WM, $699. Its a shooter! But the Momentum is 'supposedly" built to handle recoil, etc. I don't think it would be a mistake. Again, personally, I feel the Momentum is in the same "class" as Sig Sauer, Tikka, Mauser 18. I still can't see how the Mossberg Patriot and such can hold up to magnum rounds, but I could be all wrong too! If you go with the Franchi, please keep us informed how its working out? Have a ball! :)

I currently use a 40+ year old Husqvarna .270 for elk hunting and I'm looking to upgrade.
Has anyone had any experience with the Fanchi Momentum 300 Win Mag.
The reviews are pretty good and the price is in my range.
I handled one and the local gun store and so far I really like.
If anyone has advice on a similair firearm in the $500-$700 range I'm all ears. Thanks for any input.
I recently purchased a Franchi Momentum 300 win mag w/24 in. threaded barrel w/muzzle brake. It’s my 1st long-bolt (actually 2nd, I’d had Win 70 Ultimate Shadow 338 win mag. It was raffled, gave winner 450 hoping to thrd and add brake but barrel too thin. Never fired, sold it for 600). I’ve fired 16 Hornady Precision Hunter 200G ELD-X setting scope. 1st shot @ 100 only off 1 click left. After click, It put 2 & 3 were Hornady said, all 3 sub-MOA. Shooting freehanded gun feels extremely well balanced, very fast to draw & hot 4 in circle @100. I’d hoped w/brake it have little more recoil than 30-06. It’s just a little more than my Ruger Gunsite 308!!! Reason I got the rifle is b/c I’ve got 24 acre, 600 yd long Alfalfa field, & few similar silage fields. I’d planned 0ing 300, adjusting if further. I decided to try a 4-12x44Vortex CrossfireII. I’m not very impressed, it’s adjusters stuck more in 8 hrs than my 8 yr old Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 on my 308 has in its lifespan. First I tired shooting ever 100yd to gauge & compensate drop. I figured out it’s easier to do estimating on close target so I 0’d @400 yds. I done by putting target @ 100, with 2 circles, one 24 inch below the other. I aim @ bottom one, with bullet hitting the top one. When I got centered, I then shot 2 time at actual 400. Easily put 4 within 2 inches in sled.

Attachments

• 38A78CE6-D37B-4D75-9E94-01B9CBBBD822.jpeg
    38A78CE6-D37B-4D75-9E94-01B9CBBBD822.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back