Fourth times a charm

Thanks for sharing a great story and some very cool pics. I was at work late last night and read the whole thing on my little phone screen, couldn't stop until the end! Great looking ram.

Way to stick to the sheep hunting story Bart!

We all know you love your wife...but being an Idaho boy, love of sheep will get you by in a pinch.

Last edited:
Oh no!! I see that my bride got on here while I was at work. I don't recommend chicken nuggets for the anniversary dinner. It's all down hill after that.:D

You guys owe me big time. I missed out on anniversary activities staying up typing this stupid thing..

Fin you encouraged me to take her to Mickey D's. Now your back peddling faster than Deon Sanders in a cover 2. I'm thinking my marriage coach got caught up in the story as well. ;) Get that gift certificate in the mail fast we're on damage control here:D

Thanks for all the generous comments. The other hunter's attitude was a great example for me and I'm sure I'l get in a situation like sometime and I'll know how to react.

The sheep was aged at 7. We thought for sure it was 8 so I'm dang glad it was full curl. I'm either going to do a shoulder mount or a pedestal one. I think it would look awesome on a pedestal.

For the record my wife was really excited for me. She knew how hard I've tried the last 3 years. It's real nice to have wives that can appreciate how much things mean to you. She's great!! You still might want to use me as a "What not to do" type of guy:eek: I'm learning.

Great ram, congrats! Looks like it was the perfect evening to sneak up on one. If you had to bump into someone else in the field, I bet you're glad it was that fella. Its good that he scored too.

Congrats on a well earned trophy! Kudos to the Mrs. for supporting your addiction as well. Hopefully I'll have a sheep by my 15th anniversary (5 more years). :)

I do think Dinkshooter got the math right!

Super awesome!! I wish my brother would move to AK. Until then I'll just have to get by with wrestling lessons for my sons... ;)

Great ram Bart!! Glad to see you finally connected after all the time you've put in over the years. I was supposed to be leaving tomorrow for my sheep hunt, but it didn't work out this year. Always next year. ;)
As for missing the anniversary, I spent 2 of my 8 anniversaries packing sheep off the mt. :cool:

Back