Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

For those who say I do too much, I say thank you.

Bakpakr, I don't mind cleaning squirrels once I learned. Being in West Virginia, I would have thought you were born knowing, but look on youtube for a dozen or so tutorials. Look for the guys from Missouri. They know what they are doing.

That rifle is a little bit different than anything you will ever see on a rack anywhere. It's a part time competition rifle so it has a few tricks up its tube. But that CZ452 will work every time. Those are great rifles for bolt guns. I'm just not a bolt guy.

Bakpakr, I don't mind cleaning squirrels once I learned. Being in West Virginia, I would have thought you were born knowing, but look on youtube for a dozen or so tutorials. Look for the guys from Missouri. They know what they are doing.

That rifle is a little bit different than anything you will ever see on a rack anywhere. It's a part time competition rifle so it has a few tricks up its tube. But that CZ452 will work every time. Those are great rifles for bolt guns. I'm just not a bolt guy.

I probably was born knowing but my darned old dad uprooted our family when I was very young and moved us to Idaho. So, I never got to practice the skill. I did always remember Dad telling me that he really enjoyed squirrel hunting and that squirrel gravy was his favorite meal.

Fate led me back to West Virginia almost 30 years later. When I first got back here, I shot a few squirrels with my 22 pistol but those squirrels looked like I had rolled them in hair after I “cleaned” them. I didn’t shoot any more for another 20 years.

In preparation for my trip to Idaho to visit my dad prior to his death, one of my friends and I went squirrel hunting so I could take Dad a “mess” of squirrels. We had a blast, and Dad got to have squirrel gravy one last time. I did watch a YouTube video before cleaning those squirrels and there was a lot less hair involved 😀

Back